• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I don't quite understand why it is necessary to live near 30-a to appreciate how special it is. There are thousands and thousands of longtime visitors who want it remain as unspoiled as possible.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
It's funny, my family first went to Hilton Head in the 60s. Look what it became. And that's with fairly stringent rules. I know a lot of people that would still like it to be unspoiled. The same with 30A. You can fight it, but the money almost always wins.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I'm sitting at Sacred Heart this morning waiting to have my blood taken. I'm watching two men, one young one older, cleaning and mopping. They seem like nice people as they perform their chores while talking and smiling. I bet they have no idea that if they had just gone the extra mile they could be a productive member of society and a member the better class Andy described in his post.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
As someone told me once, we can't all be bosses somebody has to be blue collar. Although I am in one of the professions that Andy mentioned, those folks who pick up our garbage, cut grass, mop floors, work in fast food, wait staff and housekeepers are important to our society are aren't thought about enough for the labors they provide.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
There are millions of Americans who choose not to go the extra mile and earn a degree because they are perfectly happy with who they are. They don't need to pat themselves on the back, stick their nose in air, and claim their life experience affords them the right to occupy a superior position in society.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Again, I wish those who live in the Seagrove area luck in putting a stop to the Hampton Inn project. But I doubt that the rampant development of all the property along 30a will come to an end. People want things for Walton County that money buys and expensive property drives higher property taxes and more tourists come into the area who spend lots of money. I recall my first trip to Seagrove Beach 20 years ago. It'll never be like that again. So again good luck.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I can't help but wonder how many here actually live in Seagrove Beach, on or near 30a.

Here is one who lives on 30A. He is not rich, lives in a condo and loves where he is presently. Oh, and despite what some of the lunatics who post here say, he is quite comfortable in his own skin. Merry Chrismas to all and may the coming year be the best of your lives.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Here is one who lives on 30A. He is not rich, lives in a condo and loves where he is presently. Oh, and despite what some of the lunatics who post here say, he is quite comfortable in his own skin. Merry Chrismas to all and may the coming year be the best of your lives.

Merry Christmas to you also Andy.

This discussion doesn't need insults, and doesn't need to get personal. I'm not just singling you out there are quite a few people on this thread getting off topic. The issue is about what we want as a community, and how we act as a community is important.

Planning and compatibility issues don't need to be about social status, income or education levels.

Last edited: