• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
I have a serious question. Why does Seaside restrict golf carts, unless seaside registered guests/owners, from parking?
Our home is half a mile away and we enjoy getting to Seaside through backroads (dirt), avoid traffic and easy to park. I honestly don't understand why/how they consider this bad as, obviously, we are there to shop and eat--just like the folks in cars.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I didn't know about that. It's a good question. My guess is that they want to have plenty of parking for cars coming from farther away and would rather people close enough to drive there in a golf cart to walk or bike.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I didn't know about that. It's a good question. My guess is that they want to have plenty of parking for cars coming from farther away and would rather people close enough to drive there in a golf cart to walk or bike.

It is just too tight on the streets and I guess with walking and biking traffic it is a hazard. Combined with a general lack of parking, I assume it is the same reason Rosemary outlawed them too. Forced exercise!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
It is just too tight on the streets and I guess with walking and biking traffic it is a hazard. Combined with a general lack of parking, I assume it is the same reason Rosemary outlawed them too. Forced exercise!

Gun lobby logic tells us that if you outlaw golf carts only outlaws will----------

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
thanks Kurt, have thought about that. To me, that solution doesn't hold though. If I can't take cart, I generally drive--thus taking up a precious spot!

OK, I DO walk and bike some, but generally take cart when I am taking my small granddaughter.....just seems like weird logic to me. they actually have a warning sign and I got a "ticket" at some point telling me if I was ticketed again it would cause me to be banned/fined----like to see that enforced.hahaha

Southern Cafe

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2011
That's the Seaside mentality. They want your money but do not want you.
Parking, using "private" streets, walking etc, etc, etc, has always been an issue. When I worked at a restaurant in Sea Side several years ago, it was the same thing. Then they started with the two hour parking limit or you would be ticked routine. I just quit going. Why give an area my money if they want to treat outsiders like this. This is just my honest opinion. Good luck!!

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
Parking, using "private" streets, walking etc, etc, etc, has always been an issue. When I worked at a restaurant in Sea Side several years ago, it was the same thing. Then they started with the two hour parking limit or you would be ticked routine. I just quit going. Why give an area my money if they want to treat outsiders like this. This is just my honest opinion. Good luck!!

That is, for sure, the impression and signal they are sending whether intentional or not.
Give me a ticket? Seriously, sue me! LOL

Douglas

Beach Comber
Aug 27, 2012
Seagrove Beach
I have a serious question. Why does Seaside restrict golf carts, unless seaside registered guests/owners, from parking?
Our home is half a mile away and we enjoy getting to Seaside through backroads (dirt), avoid traffic and easy to park. I honestly don't understand why/how they consider this bad as, obviously, we are there to shop and eat--just like the folks in cars.
I think it's because the restaurant and shop owners who want your business are not the same people as the homeowners who are afraid you'll let your pre-teen kids drive the cart and run over their kids.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think it's because the restaurant and shop owners who want your business are not the same people as the homeowners who are afraid you'll let your pre-teen kids drive the cart and run over their kids.
So only adults who are owners and registered guest drive golf carts in Seaside?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009

This is a bit harsh. Seaside is complicated. It is a town. And also a resort.

Some homeowners want it to be abnormally quiet. But most are reasonable and want a nice place to relax. They want shops and restaurants and people visitng - from close by and far away. they want to share their town.

It is impossible to please everyone all the time. When the homes are full there are too many people, and locals probably should stay away. But when the town is not full, locals should be happy and enjoy, and not penalize businesses by holding a grudge.

Every place has pluses and minuses. That's my thoughts anyway.