• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
When you have unused space, as would be the case with the bridge, utilize it as best you can. That is exactly what they plan to do with the space beneath the bridge.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
When you have unused space, as would be the case with the bridge, utilize it as best you can. That is exactly what they plan to do with the space beneath the bridge.

I love the plan. I remember reading about the recreational plans a few years ago and now it's well underway.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I think money spent on improving facilities that are used primarily by residents is money well spent. Part of encouraging economic development is showing companies that an area provides recreational opportunities for its citizens.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach

Exactly, one of best qualities of space beneath a bridge is the protection from the elements that is already in place. It would be foolish not utilize it.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
All this at taxpayer expense...wow I'm impressed. NOT!

I admit the bridge needed to be expanded and the road 4 laned...but the rest is overkill in my opinion.

How else does a public works project get financed? The boat launches are sorely need and I think it is Ingenious to incorporate them into the bridge construction.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
How else does a public works project get financed? The boat launches are sorely need and I think it is Ingenious to incorporate them into the bridge construction.

Most people who live in the South end think anything that enhances their way of life (even at taxpayer expense) is good for all of us.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Most people who live in the South end think anything that enhances their way of life (even at taxpayer expense) is good for all of us.

I believe this kind of project is for everyone. This project is one of the only real enhancements we've seen in many years that provides recreational facilities on the bay or anywhere, for everyone. It's quite impressive. Financed by FDOT as well as Walton County.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The North vs. South attitude helps no one nor does it accomplish what we need for Walton County overall.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Remember that Andy when the talk about incorporation comes up again.

I don't agree that it's good for all of us.

It's that simple.