• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
No, not bed taxes. At one time the DeFuniak Springs City Council looked at getting the TDC special district expanded countywide so that bed taxes could be collected from the hotels/motels north of the bay, but at this time bed taxes are only collected south of the bay.

Dotty

Do you know if the Bed Tax was created by referendum or by legislative action ?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I look and that's not what I see !

Give me verifiable data.

You're not looking very hard.

How bout the ATV's, wave runners (we don't need those up here) and four wheel drive trucks patroling the beaches...does the Sheriff Dept still own the Nautica RIB 24 Catamaran, equipped with GPS tracking and all the bells and whistles that cost $58.000 to patrol the "beaches"??

How bout that $2,500. M-RAP protected vehicle?

How bout that Aviation Unit...I'll give you a brief synopsis of how the OH-58 helicopter is outfitted. It has the latest in thermal imaging technology, GPS and moving map systems, equipped with a forward looking infa-red system and is able to detect the slightest heat signatures, a 15 in touch screen flat panel monitor, night and sun spotlight, Avelex moving map system Garmin GPS BUT is NOT a full time active unit and only flew 28 missions in 2013 (the latest I have info for) 3 of which were maintenance, 7 were Public Relations rendezvous, 6 for marijuana eradication , 4 "other Agency Assists", and 3 suspect searches.

Or how bout the Emergency Management Bunker? I didn't realize there was anything wrong with the old one but the new amenities include: A $385,000 renovation including the following:

• State of the Art Technology Upgrades include 65” HD TVs, Smart Board Technology and Full Internet Capability
• Separate Media Room
• Communications Office
• Multiple Staff Offices
• Large Lounge
• Full Restroom Facilities

The Sheriff's Dept. is larger than life and so is the budget! Don't blow smoke up our backsides making it appear you are supporting the North End....you SoWalers are supporting the damn Sheriff and his toys!

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm truly glad that they have full restroom facilities as well as full internet capability.

Once again your incorrect - we "Sowallers" pay taxes. The BCC decides how to allocate those revenues.

Hard to run a county, sheriffs dept, planning dept, fire and rescue, court services, roads and bridges, animal control, and everything else on 9.0 million.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm truly glad that they have full restroom facilities as well as full internet capability.

Yes absolutely. When the Gov. comes to "bunker" down during the next hurricane I'm glad he can shower and watch the 65" HD tv(s) plural! One just wouldn't suffice.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Maybe we can run the Emergency Operations center out of a tent on the beaches.

Still no data !!!

Or the nice sub station that was built down there!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Once again your incorrect - we "Sowallers" pay taxes. The BCC decides how to allocate those revenues.

Hard to run a county, sheriffs dept, planning dept, fire and rescue, court services, roads and bridges, animal control, and everything else on 9.0 million.

And NoWalers pay taxes as well and don't use any of the amenities the BCC provided down there.