• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Commssioner Magee

Beach Comber
Apr 27, 2015
We have received an overwhelming response to the blackball program, many thanks to everyone for working along with SWMC to distribute these black balls.

Our records indicate that so far in the month of May we have distributed right at 1000 black balls at no additional charge to our taxpayers. When we went back to our supplier of the glue used on the black balls we were informed that the company was going out of business and no longer carried the glue we needed for the black balls. We have researched and found another source and placed an order but as of the writing of this post we have not received the glue. Until we receive the glue we will not be able to distribute black balls to the community.

This is a temporary setback please call first “850-267-2112”to make sure that we have all the supplies for you save this will prevent you from making a unnecessary trip. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time and we look forward to serving you in the future.

(I will re-post when all supplies are available.)

Remember, call first to make sure we have all of the supplies available for you. 850-267-2112.

Commissioner John J Magee, Chairman

South Walton Mosquito Control
http://southwaltonmosquitocontrol.org/
“Improving the Quality of Life in South Walton County”

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
We've always used TangleTrap from Ace. The spray is much easier to apply than that thick glue anyway.

While I was 'painting' the glue provided by SWMC on the ball, the string came off and I dropped the ball on the ground. It was a mess to get it back on the string.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I have always wondered if round was the most effective shape for these traps. It has been a fantasy of mine to see these things in the shape of persons who just annoy me. Can you picture a caricature of Justin Beiber, hanging from a tree, covered in yellow flies? Or George W. Bush? It's just a thought...

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I have always wondered if round was the most effective shape for these traps. It has been a fantasy of mine to see these things in the shape of persons who just annoy me. Can you picture a caricature of Justin Beiber, hanging from a tree, covered in yellow flies? Or George W. Bush? It's just a thought...

Now, I'll have to be on the lookout for some of those life-size cardboards they put up in stores so i can do this very thing. I'm sure someone will call out the hate crime police if I hang it from a tree though. Maybe just lean against the fence. :roll::lol:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013

And you don't think a black tar Obama would have certain implications?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Gee, i thought what I said was kind of funny.

Jackalope

Beach Lover
Jan 24, 2015
When I was a wee lad, I had an inflatable Spiderman that would have made an amazing fly trap.

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I haven't had a yellow fly problem where I live, but if I do I think I will use one of those inflatable sex dolls. If you could find a used one on Craigslist it may even come pre-sticky.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Why don't we all just start planting venus fly traps?