• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach

NEWS

Former Walton planning chief Pat Blackshear arrested
AR-150909517.jpg&MaxW=500&MaxH=500

By TOM McLAUGHLIN
315-4435 | @TomMnwfdn
tmclaughlin@nwfdailynews.com
Posted Sep 4, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Updated at 4:42 PM

Pat Blackshear, the former head of the Walton County Planning Department, has been indicted on two counts of perjury.

One of the perjury charges is a felony and the second a misdemeanor, said Greg Anchors, the chief assistant state attorney in the Walton County Office of the State Attorney.

State Attorney Bill Eddins said Blackshear is accused of lying to the State Attorney's Office during its probe of inconsistencies within the Planning Department and of lying to the grand jury to which the State Attorneys Office presented its findings.

“The charges stem from one time where she appeared before us and one time where she appeared before the grand jury,” Eddins said.

She has been arrested and was being processed at the Walton County Jail at 4 p.m. Friday afternoon. The grand jury returned a sealed presentment on Friday, which will remain sealed for 15 days.

Blackshear, who spent many years in the Okaloosa County Growth Management Department before moving to Walton County, was the head of the Walton Department when the department failed to collect $600,000 a developer owed the county.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
What are the chances the money will ever be recovered?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sure doesn't look like she has too much concern on her face (mug shot).

Probably has a nice, big bag of $$$ waiting for her upon release or knows something we don't.

The charges of Perjury mean she lied., in this case, 2x.

What (specifically) did she lie about and what was said?

Did she lie to try and protect herself, or someone else?

The article only addresses one of the several incidents of missing fees. What about the numerous other incidents where fees were not collected?

Looks like the Planning Department has some serious problems. K. Marse arrested for Grand Theft this summer, now this indictment.

How many other Walton County Empolyees are liars and will used their skillful ability to lie to protect others?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
From the article: ...."Blackshear, who spent many years in the Okaloosa County Growth Management Department before moving to Walton County, was the head of the Walton Department when the department failed to collect $600,000 a developer owed the county."

Anybody know who the developer is?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I believe there are several properties (not just one) and a few well known developer names...

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Thanks Matt and John for the replies.

I was guessing maybe it had something to do with the large development in BMB where the county VERY QUESTIONABLY approved a "funnel" lot (against the county's own zoning ordinances in "our" strong opinion) for access to the beach by 80 offsite condos onto 80 feet of beach surrounded by private property. I could never understand how they allowed this to happen. Sara Comander was the only commissioner that voted against it and Cindy Meadows was a no-show.

On the other hand, all of this occurred under the helm of Pat Blackshear.

One thing is for sure with this county...if you're wronged, the only real way to fight back is with a good attorney and lots of money. It doesn't cost the politicians anything except a little aggravation, And very little will change without accountability.

A similar situation took place near Seaside a few years ago and was fought all the way to the State Supreme Court where the county lost and was forced to back down. The judge said, and I paraphrase, that the county needs to follow their own rules.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I smell a set-up and it is Pat Blackshear that is being set-up.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I smell a set-up and it is Pat Blackshear that is being set-up.

Finally a clue bird goes off in your old brain.......the whole grand jury deal will be a politically motivated report that targets certain people by discrediting them and ending the political career of some people who can't be bought. I hope Pat writes a tell all book on who and what groups really run Walton county government. She knows the real deal about Seaside and Sandestin DRI's, but who will listen now that she has been charged with perjury. Pat got the shaft from Walton county politics.....