• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
http://www.newsherald.com/article/20150911/NEWS/150919844

AR-150919844.jpg&MaxW=650

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Can't find any official updates for today. I suppose the situation remains the same.
According to the DFS Herald the update from the Bay County Sheriff's Dept, is from today.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Just now!

Walton County Sheriff, Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.
7 mins ·
Update on manhunt for Christopher Stringer. Law enforcement continues to believe Stringer is contained in the Carillon Beach area to the Inlet Beach area. The marsh and wooded area is very thick and is extremely difficult to search.

Stringer is from the back country of Louisiana and is accustomed to living in the lowlands. He has no family or friends in the area. Also he has no shoes, shirt, food or water and is not familiar with the area.

In excess of 50 law enforcement officers are currently searching door to door and will be searching the low swamp and wooded areas again. Law enforcement has been in the area all night and will continue to have a strong presence until Stringer is captured. If anyone observes any suspicious activity please call 911.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The Sheriff's Ofc. also clarified some statements/questions on their fb page saying: Walton County Sheriff, Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.There were two car crashes. First at Inlet Beach and a few minutes later on 283. After the first crash one of the escapees immediately stole another vehicle. There were 3 escapees. We captured one escapee at each crash. And the 3rd, Stringer fled on foot at Inlet Beach.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Just now!

Walton County Sheriff, Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.
7 mins ·
Update on manhunt for Christopher Stringer. Law enforcement continues to believe Stringer is contained in the Carillon Beach area to the Inlet Beach area. The marsh and wooded area is very thick and is extremely difficult to search.

Stringer is from the back country of Louisiana and is accustomed to living in the lowlands. He has no family or friends in the area. Also he has no shoes, shirt, food or water and is not familiar with the area.

In excess of 50 law enforcement officers are currently searching door to door and will be searching the low swamp and wooded areas again. Law enforcement has been in the area all night and will continue to have a strong presence until Stringer is captured. If anyone observes any suspicious activity please call 911.
Thanks for posting. It's the first report I've seen relevant to today's events that I've seen.

I feel for the people in carillon area. Nerve wracking whether he's armed or dangerous or not. He's at least desperate.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Thanks for posting. It's the first report I've seen relevant to today's events that I've seen.

I feel for the people in carillon area. Nerve wracking whether he's armed or dangerous or not. He's at least desperate.
Armed and dangerous...not so much, desperate yes and desperate people make desperate mistakes. He has had no shoes, no shirt, no food or water for the last several + hours and that coupled with the elements will eventually take a toll on his physical acuity. If he hasn't already, he will soon make a huge mistake and end up right back where he started from. Only this time I highly doubt it will be in a minimum security facility.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
People who are reporting on the Sheriff's site say no one is at Carillon now...but have seen police activity on Lake Powell and searching bridge area west of Camp Helen. Helicopters on site as well.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Heavy WCSO presence in Inlet Beach according to residents.