• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The way he was breaking out was akin to using a toy bucket for beach nourishment; if you've got 20 years to kill it'll work eventually.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Some new info coming out about what all happened that early AM.

Hearing that staffing on the road was light (maybe only three on-duty officers?). There were two vehicle chases, but the confusion started after the first and as the second was starting to unfold.

Stringer DID NOT get in the second car. He stayed behind and was allegedly in Inlet Beach the whole time the SO was setting up and chasing "someone" in the 283 / 395 area.

Need more officers in the south end at night.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Three? South end alone? Wow that's an increase from the days when ShallowsFuzz had everything south of Rock Hill on the midnight shift by himself!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Three? South end alone? Wow that's an increase from the days when ShallowsFuzz had everything south of Rock Hill on the midnight shift by himself!

So is it OK for there to only be three patrol deputies in SoWal at night? Sounds really thin. Where are all the other staff? FHP works most of the wrecks (like the one yesterday in Freeport where a County Ambulance rearended a car...).

I guess I'd expect more staff on the road.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
There are reasons for FHP working those wrecks and not WCSO as I understand it.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I do not know if they had a patient or not. I think having FHP a state agency vs a Local department takes the possibility of bias out of it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
FHP normally works state maintained roads/hwy's unless it's someone like the principal of an Academy, then its a cluster fluck...to screw up a crime scene....and not hold a drunk accountable for his actions.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
FHP normally works state maintained roads/hwy's unless it's someone like the principal of an Academy, then its a cluster fluck...to screw up a crime scene....and not hold a drunk accountable for his actions.

You are very correct. Did you know that there was also a gun found in the car?