• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
It was also said by the BCC that there would be some effort to collect the $800,000. What that effort will be remains to be seen.

The expired Letters of Credit were also mentioned, as was the Beeman Study. I'm not clear on what the plans are in regard to the Letters of Credit and it seemed to me that the BCC had a cursory/superficial response to them. Danny may have a different take on that.

The BCC also said there would be a Request For Proposals on new software to address rec fees and to better track monies collected in the planning dept.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sounds like we need to look for a new State Attorney (Eddins).

They've said there staff (state) is not very fimilar with complex financial matters.

Did they think a bunch of citizens would be?

Kudos to Com. Chapman! His comments are 100% correct.

This whole thing has backfired.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
What's horrible is how Bill Emfeld shut down the poor woman who was trying to speak on the Gulf Place project and called for the baliff to remove her. He evidently doesn't understand free speech.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What's horrible is how Bill Emfeld shut down the poor woman who was trying to speak on the Gulf Place project and called for the baliff to remove her. He evidently doesn't understand free speech.

Your free speech lasts 3-5 minutes unless you've sued the county 3 times in which case you just screech whenever you damn well please.

drinkin & lazy

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2015
ShallowsNole wrote: How do you reprimand an elected official? Isn't that a function of the governor's office?

You know, I wondered the same thing. My research showed that when county commissioners are reprimanded in Florida, it is in a county that has a Commission on Ethics, an entity we don't have. I guess the Walton County Commission could pass a resolution condemning Meadows.

Since Larry Jones is an employee, I think a reprimand is one of the "progressive disciplinary procedures" the Report says he and Meadows should have utilized in dealing with the Planning Department employee that they summarily fired.

Does anyone know the identity of the woman consultant (the report uses feminine pronouns in describing her) that was getting $8,000/month and acting like the Planning Director? It apparently would have been in 2009 or 2010. Is this the woman who has already been indicted on perjury charges?
IMG_1614 (1).JPG

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Read this transcript to see how this occurred.

Only in Walton County !

Absolutely disgusting!!!

What an embarrassment that Anchor's and his "investigators" allowed this Grand Jury to become a hunt against Com. Meadows, when they have testimony from a past County Administrator as to who really ran / runs Walton County...

I'm sure the other testimony will support this as well.

This Grand Jury presentation was a fraud and embarrassment.

See highlight on pages 11, 12, 21, 22, 25, 28, 29, 30, 32, 35, 51, 59, 60 and 62 for the Cliff Notes Version.