• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Leave it to Walton County to place blame at the feet of CRI (who just so happens to have a jucy insurance policy)...

How about County Officials hold the employees and their supervisors responsible. Where is the culling of department heads? Discipline letters?

Going after CRI will bite the county in the rear...

Kind of pointless and just a little unethical if not illegal to write someone up after they separate from employment. And if I'm not mistaken, everyone involved with the uncollected rec fees is already gone.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I have to wonder if something as complex as the finances of a multi department county if there aren't different types of audits that can be conducted and the one ordered wasn't designed to catch this type of discrepency. As in an audit to only compare receipts against expenditures. I'm not in that field so are there any accountants out there with a learned opinion?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I believe there are at least 2 remaining accomplices.

Sara Commander, who was well aware of the money to her beloved DeFuniak (remember, she was the only vote for continuing to feed DFS). She damn well has know about this handout.

Bill Imfeld, was finance director at time with the "errors".

Both need to resign and never return.

Almost sounds like witch hunter Sara is already gearing up for a DFS Council run with her support for the roads money.

When does the County take responsibility?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I assume the auditing firm assumes responsibility when they take the job and are on the hook. Must be a tough notice to get. I assume they have professional liability insurance that will cover it. Developers are probably long gone and/or broke.
I would think an accounting firm would have some type of clause in their contracts to avoid just such a liability.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
Leave it to Walton County to place blame at the feet of CRI (who just so happens to have a jucy insurance policy)...

How about County Officials hold the employees and their supervisors responsible. Where is the culling of department heads? Discipline letters?

Going after CRI will bite the county in the rear...

I'm sure CRI's insurer has the resources to, and will use them, to investigate this before they pay one dime. Hopefully the sunshine will shine brilliantly on this.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I believe there are at least 2 remaining accomplices.

Sara Commander, who was well aware of the money to her beloved DeFuniak (remember, she was the only vote for continuing to feed DFS). She damn well has know about this handout.

Bill Imfeld, was finance director at time with the "errors".

Both need to resign and never return.

Almost sounds like witch hunter Sara is already gearing up for a DFS Council run with her support for the roads money.

When does the County take responsibility?
I am not sure Commissioner Comander lives in the city. I do believe that was a question that once was asked on this forum in the past.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This is money the County has actually discovered missing and the Auditor General hasn't even started the forensic audit of the planning dept...yet. How much more will that "UNCOVER"?

Bill Imfeld has allot of culpability in this...more so than Sara Comander ever dreamed of having. The builder/developer (broke or not) owes that money to the County and should have gotten a letter of intent to sue from the County if that money is not returned. Liens against any property McCormick currently owns should have been levied.

This isn't about holding anyone accountable it's about passing the buck and hoping it will simply go away.

As for the money being paid to the City, Clayton Adkinson has been the City attorney for as far back as I can remember (35 or 40 years maybe more) and he had to know the County did not owe that money to Defuniak. Why aren't we asking the City to return money they weren't owed?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't think Sara Commander is any more culpable in any of this than Bill Chapman, or Cindy Meadows or Larry Jones or Cecilia Jones or Kenneth Pridgen or any of the others who have served as county commissioner during the last 25-30 years. I have talked to a few of these people who are no longer in office and have no skin in the game anymore and they say they knew nothing about the payments to the City of DFS. I doubt anyone did until Bob Hudson brought it to their attention. That may be a problem in and of itself but they all share it equally.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Misty, great points.

Once again, find a rock, turn it over, there's that name once again...ADKINSON.

Has anyone asked him about the $$$?