• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Maybe with incorporation there could be more beach payroll. More ordinance enforcement. And more clearly defined rules, ordinances and laws, to allow the patrol and enforcement to be effectively carried out. :dunno:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Bring your Children to Stand Your Sand, Love Your Lakes & Love Your Parks.

What an important teaching opportunity. Help them learn the importance of our precious coastal lakes, our State Parks and the need to protect and preserve the access and use of our treasured beaches.

If you have a school organization or parent group tell them to join us for this day celebrating these places we all love.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1618617238429200/

Attachments

• 13315715_10209763920363624_6037255586410581245_n.jpg
    13315715_10209763920363624_6037255586410581245_n.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 98

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Bring your Children to Stand Your Sand, Love Your Lakes & Love Your Parks.

Yea, that's it. Teach your children while they're young, "Hey little Johnny, do you see that nice piece of private property over there? If you want it, all you have to do is go walk on it and it's yours."

Never mind judicial process - just take it.

And I have to agree with previous posters, WCSO will probably do nothing, especially if children are involved and used as human shields.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Sure seems to me that this Stand Your Sand event is sure trying to upstage the more noble events, Love Your Lakes & Love Your Parks. Why is it even scheduled on the same day?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Yea, that's it. Teach your children while they're young, "Hey little Johnny, do you see that nice piece of private property over there? If you want it, all you have to do is go walk on it and it's yours."

Never mind judicial process - just take it.

And I have to agree with previous posters, WCSO will probably do nothing, especially if children are involved and used as human shields.

Seriously, do you know how freaking crazy & immature you sound? If you want the process to work in your favor have your paperwork in hand when someone steps on "your sand" and prove that someone is trying to take your private property away from you by simply walking on it rather than using it as customary use has always allowed. You act as if these people have plans to steal what you have yet to prove is even legally yours. Believe it or not the property will still be there long after the walk is over and there won't be any bloody carcasses of children or adults left behind but there will assuredly be a footprints.

WTH is the WCSO supposed to do..put people in prison for leaving footprints in sand you can't even prove you own?

Between you and John G its hard to determine who has the most growing up to do. Right now, you're tied!

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
I just hope that the participants in the Stand Your Sand event don't bother all the beach front owners who will be out cleaning and raking their private beaches on that day.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sure seems to me that this Stand Your Sand event is sure trying to upstage the more noble events, Love Your Lakes & Love Your Parks. Why is it even scheduled on the same day?

You bring up good points, just like this one (above). You won't get an answer from the Community Organizer.

The involvement of children is a new low. The appearance is for a hand holding family event that appears to be fun and sun and enjoy the beach. The underlying current is let's show these beach front rich SOB's who's in charge around here.

After word, their fearless leader will go home to his Resort Subdivision and enjoy his own, Private Beach.

As for Misty, give it a break lady. Your personal attacks are growing old. You have your opinion and I have mine.

As for your statement; WTH is the WCSO supposed to do..put people in prison for leaving footprints in sand you can't even prove you own?

What IF an owner can prove said ownership? What say you then?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The day you prove that people own the sand that washes up from the Gulf of Mexico is the day these ridiculous threads disappear.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I'm seeing few people who support private property signs and efforts. However, the number of private beach front homeowners jumping on the bandwagon with signs, ropes and fencing is growing fast. Just spoke to one such homeowner that wants to do the same because everyone else is doing it and they felt like they should too, to keep people from camping out near their home. I don't get it. But I do get that it's now the thing to do, just because. When I mentioned the local controversy she had no clue whatsoever. Just thought it was what they needed to do since others are doing it.

Also just heard about a fencing and ropes issue going on at Vizcaya where the FDEP was brought in. Not sure what happened. No details.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Would love to know what the FDEP had to say.