• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I find that if you simply do not scratch the bite area. Show restraint. It will go away in about a minute. Scratching makes it worse. Honest. Or, at least, it works for me.
haha - this works for you and me cause we are lucky that yellow fly bites are like a mosquito bite to us. But lots of people swell up like crazy and experience a lot of pain in addition to itching. The swelling and pain can last for days also.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
For The Health Of It in Blue Mountain Beach has natural bug repellents like Bug Off and Cactus Juice brand.

Twin Oaks Farm Stand in Grayton Beach also has Bug Off.

2016-07-01-09.10.59.jpg

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yes, I know big strong outdoorsmen who swell up bad from the yellowfly bite. Even high levels of Jack in your blood doesn't help (sometimes).

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm one of those peeps who swell up for days and itch like crazy! Not scratching is not an option. I literally have scars from those bastids.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
I spend a lot of time in the woods hunting, walking, and running the dogs. And up at the farm in Ponce de Leon.
I have several bug bites on me year 'round. I'm used to it. Although I'm always scratching and picking. My wife says if she wanted to marry a 175 lb dog...she may have chose a Great Dane instead of this freckle covered Irishman. LoL.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was going to try Poppa's cure, posted earlier, but it reminded me too much of U of F dating rituals.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
I got bit bad this last 2 week stay by yellow flies! I did some reading and they said it's worse in May/June.

Also read Listerine to help with itching, worked like a charm!