• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The Our Generation you are talking about appears to be a copycat. trying to make people believe they support Tony Anderson.
I believe the real Our Generation does not support Tony, but my guess is you will find this out very soon. I believe this was started by Andrew Campanella who is helping Tony with his campaign.....just my thoughts, just my guess.

Suzanne, there is only one Our Generation: Walton County page on facebook. On the left hand side of that page it lists Community and the number of people who have liked the page.

Below that it says About and states their mission statement.

Below that is Photos, Visitor Page (where your comment just appeared that says "This website appears to be a copycat")

Below that it says PEOPLE ALSO LIKE and that is where the image I posted above appears.

Bottom line is Our Generation has the ability to control candidate webpages by BLOCKING.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Andrew Campanella...the young upstart who threw his hat in the ring to run for school board in 2014 and just as suddenly withdrew when he was outed for some of his controversial associations to people involved in efforts to privatize public schools. He also helped push efforts by some in SoWal to appoint a Superintendent. Ironically, he also supports charter schools one of which is the Rader Group in Miramar Beach, who owns Okaloosa Academy that is currently being investigated by the FBI!

Shady, Shady, Shady!

He is also a member of the Walton County Visioning page...and now tied to T. Anderson and C. Jones. Imagine that!

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Andrew Campanella...the young upstart who threw his hat in the ring to run for school board in 2014 and just as suddenly withdrew when he was outed for some of his controversial associations to people involved in efforts to privatize public schools. He also helped push efforts by some in SoWal to appoint a Superintendent. Ironically, he also supports charter schools one of which is the Rader Group in Miramar Beach, who owns Okaloosa Academy that is currently being investigated by the FBI!

Shady, Shady, Shady!

He is also a member of the Walton County Visioning page...and now tied to T. Anderson and C. Jones. Imagine that!

The Walton County Visioning page does not have "members" its a Facebook Group. Anyone can ask to be on the group and 99.9% are accepted. They don't take in anonymous or fake Facebook personalities but pretty much anyone who wants in gets access to the Group. For the record I am not an admin of the page.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The Walton County Visioning page does not have "members" its a Facebook Group. Anyone can ask to be on the group and 99.9% are accepted. They don't take in anonymous or fake Facebook personalities but pretty much anyone who wants in gets access to the Group. For the record I am not an admin of the page.

Not true unless I'm the 1%. My name on Facebook is real.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Hmmm...where to start and make this post make sense? Not sure myself but here goes nothing.

I think Suzanne Harris is onto something in regard to the Our Generation Facebook page and who is actually behind the ads, the fliers, the data mining, Verizon wireless sponsored ads, Instagram msgs and Facebook msgs. Admittedly, there are a few developers with money in SoWal and there are a couple of sketchy politicians (1 a wannabe, the other a current BCC member) who actively chase developer dollars but this is BIGGER than Llyod Blue, Jay Odom and other big name developers, at least on a local level. Yes, they have money, they DON'T have that kind of money but perhaps they do have connections to those who do. I don't know and I am certainly not accusing them but when all else fails what do you do?

Follow the money! In campaign finance terms "follow the money" refers to all funds raised in order to promote candidates, political parties, or policies in elections, referendums, initiatives, party activities, and party organizations. The funds could also detract from the opponents of the above and I think the latter is just exactly what Our Generation is doing. The ads and the Facebook page have many of us going down the proverbial rabbit hole to intentionally confuse us and cause chaos. By design? I think so but my question still is, who has that kind of money?

Answer (IMO)...I think Suzanne Harris inadvertently hit the nail on the head when she mentioned Andrew Campanella's name. I had to think back to 2014 when Campanella suddenly appeared on the political scene here and literally thrust himself on local small town politics and withdrew just as suddenly when he was outed for some of his VERY controversial associations to people (and their intentions) who have BIG BIG BIG money! Who might that be?

Answer (IMO) The Walton Family Foundation (AKA Wal-Mart) The Walton Family Foundation has pledged to give over 2.2 billion dollars (an average of $440 million a year) in the areas of K-12 education, the environment, and economic-development projects such as roads bridges and infrastructure. The money could also be used to include incorporation of municipalities all of which are the major issues in Walton County.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm sure someone will point out the fallacy of my ramblings.

The Koch Brothers were/are big supporters of Campanella who is a strong supporter of C. Jones to the point of driving her to events and handing out literature. (Edited)

Edit noted

Last edited:

campanella

Beach Comber
Someone just let me know that I was mentioned on this site. Let me help end your speculation. I am not involved, in any way, in “Our Generation” or anything like it. Nobody I know is involved in this group, either. The first I heard of them was by getting the flyers in the mail for the candidates they support and seeing their Facebook ads. I am also not involved in any other Political Action Committee (PAC), Electioneering Communications Organization (ECO), or 501c4 involved in Walton County elections. Incidentally, I personally support customary use of the beach. -- Andrew Campanella

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So Mr Campenella says it ain't him. I would have been surprised had it been him because of the endorsement. Had it been I know a few folks on this forum who might have had a coranary because of the lean to certain candidates. That being said, less worried about Our Generation doing more harm than good especially for Mr Fletcher.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Someone just let me know that I was mentioned on this site. Let me help end your speculation. I am not involved, in any way, in “Our Generation” or anything like it. Nobody I know is involved in this group, either. The first I heard of them was by getting the flyers in the mail for the candidates they support and seeing their Facebook ads. I am also not involved in any other Political Action Committee (PAC), Electioneering Communications Organization (ECO), or 501c4 involved in Walton County elections. Incidentally, I personally support customary use of the beach. -- Andrew Campanella

No one said you were! What I said was people who have supported you including, the Koch brothers and the Walton Family Foundation are!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Suzanne Harris may not appreciate my next ramblings so, I apologize in advance.

In following the money it should also be noted that Mike Huckabee raised $3.6 million in 2015. $3 million of that came from one man, Ron Cameron. Cameron has very political ties to the Koch brothers and contributed $3 million to the Super Pac that supported Mike Huckabee.

My point in all this is that there is BIG BIG BIG money involved in small town, Walton County politics. It's not local money but I'm sure there are some people locally involved and/or associated with it but its bigger than just local money.

Bottom line is, this is what happens when either currently elected officials or those running PANDER to the MONEY by trying to please their contributors rather than their pleasing their constituents.