• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

McKinley

Beach Comber
Jul 1, 2016
Choctaw Beach, Florida
Yes, by all means whatever you do don't address the issue of Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson bringing a HUGE campaign sign to a Candidate forum he was specifically asked not to bring them too! Just think of all the other things he will ignore when he chooses!
As I said previously I consider campaign signs to be ' littering the roadways ' of Walton County however I do not think that this banner or whatever it is maybe a trailer is an actual issue of concern to the residents of Walton. I think maybe issues like paving roads which are too often dirt roads in many places is more important and also as I have stated, custom use.

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
This forum is definitely a must watch before the election. There are several issues discussed that are rarely if ever covered and there is also a couple of questions about the candidate's philosophy of governance. Very informative and a great opportunity to narrow down your choices in the 3 BCC races.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
As I said previously I consider campaign signs to be ' littering the roadways ' of Walton County however I do not think that this banner or whatever it is maybe a trailer is an actual issue of concern to the residents of Walton. I think maybe issues like paving roads which are too often dirt roads in many places is more important and also as I have stated, custom use.

I beg to differ with you. I absolutely believe that people have the right to know that T. Anderson and his Campaign people completely ignored a City Government Entity that politely asked that they not bring and/or park Campaign signs on City property. This clearly shows a complete lack of respect and a total disregard for a Government entity located in Walton County which shows a propensity to to ignore the will of the people he is asking to vote for him. Not a smart move.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
While Misty and I don't always get along, her information ( rumor or not) is usually very accurate.

If you don't like what she says on this site, you can block her or just not participate.

If you take the time and digest all the "negative" people claim is on here, you'll find that in some cases, the Truth is not always positive. Walton County Politricks is one of those areas.

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
While Misty and I don't always get along, her information ( rumor or not) is usually very accurate.

If you don't like what she says on this site, you can block her or just not participate.

If you take the time and digest all the "negative" people claim is on here, you'll find that in some cases, the Truth is not always positive. Walton County Politricks is one of those areas.
Very sad, but very true. :sosad:

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
You are lost! Drainage, Beach Access, and traffic improvements in SOWAL will create more jobs and has to be the biggest priority because it generates 90% of the revenue and jobs in Walton County. It is growing in permanent population so fast (50 Times that of Mossy Head) that kids can't play sports or go to beach because there is no where to do it or park. You are way off base. Tony Anderson......state your reasons he impressed you and how his background is a good preparation to be a commissioner. I'm not even sure if he graduated high school. Dixon wants to be a spiritual leader to someone and we need a civic leader..nice guy though. Kramer is super smart, but is known to pick up the cat and stroke it backwards..he is very knowledgeable on code and comp plan. Imfeld is the recycled garbage of a bad way of doing business. Make no mistake...he gave away the mossy head track to big corporations...it was sold for pennies of what it should have been sold for. It you want progress and some people who will treat you fairly and enforce the rules it goes like this.

Meadows- Knowledge and Experience and Qualifications

Nipper- Discipline and Dedication

Fletcher- The business sense we need and the Honesty we deserve.

You put these three in office and throw jones out next go around, you might actually save this place but it may be too late. Walton county's seal says "Pride and Preservation" it's time we restored both. I thought you recently just moved here McKinnley to SOWAL. Now all your priorities are in Mossy Head and paving dirt roads. I smell a skunk.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You put these three in office and throw jones out next go around, you might actually save this place but it may be too late.

There is already a movement afoot to oust C. Jones. She needs to go yesterday!

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Patriot Games. I am not endorsing any candidates but otherwise I think you are on the right track as far as what to do for the South. Developing the North is vital for our continued progress though. South Walton is almost built out and until those infrastructure projects you mention are completed we do not have adequate roads, parking and beach access for the residents and visitors we have now. The North on the other hand has a great deal of undeveloped land, much better transportation options and people who need better employment opportunities. What the north needs is better healthcare options, higher education and water/sewer to the best suited areas for industrial growth. A growing North expands the tax base and gives the county more money to build even more infrastructure. I have to say this election cycle has me worried and unhappy. We are spending more time tearing each other apart rather than finding out which candidate has a vision for all areas of the county to solve the problems of the past and improve the quality of life for all our citizens for the future. I fear that we are not properly vetting our candidates on what is truly important: improving our economy, preserving our way of life and creating a better quality of life for every citizen in this county. When you cannot drive 5 miles from your home in 30 minutes because the traffic is stalled on an inadequate road that cannot handle the numbers of vehicles placed on it, then that is a huge issue and exactly where we need to start fixing things. But in the north we have people who cannot feed their families and we must address that problem with equal vigor. I am looking to vote for people who understand the county, its employees and its citizens; recognize both the strengths and weaknesses of our great county and have a plan they wish to pursue to preserve our strengths and correct our weaknesses.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Patriot games. How do I vote for Nipper and Fletcher?

Danny South Walton is far from built out. Maybe 60%. There's a lot more to come.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Matt J I stand corrected. However, at present there is not sufficient infrastructure to support that level of development. 30-A would be barely adequate as a rural farm road. 98 is the only east/west connector in places and large areas on 30-A have no north/south connector near their area. 98 is really the only urban type road in the south and there are no solutions for any of these issues in the pipeline. That is just the roadway problem. Parking is a major issue, storm water is being addressed but much still must be done and our educational facilities could be overwhelmed fairly quickly and the same goes for healthcare. We need to work to improve our infrastructure ahead of development rather than years behind as we stand now.