• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
My experience over 2 trips this summer June 10-21 and then June 29-July 7 was that most days, my Weather and AccuWeather iPhone apps showed the same forecast you're describing for "current location" of Santa Rosa Beach, FL (we were in Seagrove near Eastern Lake) but only on about 2-3 of all those days did it keep us off the beach. One of those days we went to Pier Park and on another couple of the days I went to PC and Port St Joe to see customers (made it a "working vacation"). Now, on many days we'd see a dark rain cloud out over the Gulf south of Grayton Beach or up towards the northeast towards Peach Creek, but never gt a drop of rain while sitting on the beach. The weather's always better on the beach at Eastern Lake than anywhere else (unless there's a hurricane).
We are staying on N. Ryan Street which is right next to Eastern Lake I believe...I hope you are right!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This is what it looks like almost every late summer day in South Walton. Where a shower is a welcome relief. Just go inside it you hear thunder close by.

summer.png

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
This is what it looks like almost every late summer day in South Walton. Where a shower is a welcome relief. Just go inside it you hear thunder close by.

View attachment 61395

Kurt - thank you. A quick shower isn't a big deal at all and I've vacationed in Clearwater Beach in July before -- the rain comes in quick and goes out quick and the sun comes back out. Not a big deal in the least. I'm more concerned now about several straight days of 'cloudy' with a 50% chance of rain each day. Sun with a shower is one thing but solid days of clouds and rain is just depressing.

I realize a lot can change in a week, but I'm looking at at least three straight days of that on accuweather. I hope the forecast changes or I'm misreading this and we get more sun than clouds but I guess I just have to wait and see. We have dreamed of this week for six months and this will be a major disappointment if most days are spent inside.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
How bad can a day at the beach be?!

full

Oh dear.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
Cwalen----Ignore the snarky people, they just wait for people to post and then act so rude. I'm beginning to think that's their own twisted way of keeping people away from visiting!

With that being said, we just left yesterday. Honestly it was so hot, that it was nice to have some clouds on the beach. I understand your frustration with rain. A couple of days looked threatening, but the storms never made it on the beach! Hopefully if it does rain, it's short lived!

Have a great vacation!!!

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Cwalen----Ignore the snarky people, they just wait for people to post and then act so rude. I'm beginning to think that's their own twisted way of keeping people away from visiting!

With that being said, we just left yesterday. Honestly it was so hot, that it was nice to have some clouds on the beach. I understand your frustration with rain. A couple of days looked threatening, but the storms never made it on the beach! Hopefully if it does rain, it's short lived!

Have a great vacation!!!
I see only kind and helpful responses on this thread. Do you confuse snarky with a sense of humor?

And no I don't think this post is snarky. If you do then the internet might not be for you.

[ Now that was a wee bit snarky. :lol: ]

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
I see only kind and helpful responses on this thread. Do you confuse snarky with a sense of humor?

And no I don't think this post is snarky. If you do then the internet might not be for you.

[ Now that was a wee bit snarky. :lol: ]

Jerry - I'm on plenty of internet forums and know snark when I see it. The one response I was referring to was from someone who has in the past responded in a snarky way to another post. I had asked about bathrooms at the community pool for my children and was told that "dogs use the dunes". I'm happy to link you to that if you like. Had it been followed with an actual yes or no, I would have laughed. However it was not. I have a great sense of humor but I didn't find that funny.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Jerry - I'm on plenty of internet forums and know snark when I see it. The one response I was referring to was from someone who has in the past responded in a snarky way to another post. I had asked about bathrooms at the community pool for my children and was told that "dogs use the dunes". I'm happy to link you to that if you like. Had it been followed with an actual yes or no, I would have laughed. However it was not. I have a great sense of humor but I didn't find that funny.
Maybe you are confused you are on another forum? Relax you're at the beach.