• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
...if you run into a vehicle, or are run into by a vehicle, because you, or them, or both, are texting as you drive.

...if you are stuck going 40mph on Hwy 98 because someone(s) ahead of you is in the fast lane, the slow lane, or both, pacing well behind any traffic so as not to run into a vehicle while texting.

...if you risk your safety, the safety of others, or both, so you can send one more $%^&#@+ text! (your musings are, as you know, are more important.....if only others were more understanding......).

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
On the subject of bayous...further down East Point Washington Road than McQuage, there is a bayou than runs under the road between Ivy Lane and Dick Saltsman Road. The subdivision on both side of the bayou is named Bayou Creek. Anybody (else) know the name of this bayou? (Kurt you should know this one too...:) you are REALLY so SoWal if you do!
Bonus question - and why is it named this?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
btw, I'm going out of town and probably won't be back on until next Tuesday 11/01 at the earliest. If a moderator wants to know the mystery bayou answer, pm me on Facebook (under my real name) and I'll tell you!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
You're So SoWal IF you remember the days when Dogs Ruled Grayton Beach. (before the ordinance banning dogs from beaches). What year was it that dogs got the boot? What a county commission meeting that was - packed house with people trying to keep traditions, but tourism was here to stay!

040722-057-sowal-2000.jpg