• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lucas Reynolds

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
Road-right-of-ways are areas that the owners on IoP voted to allow. Guess people aren't as greedy here as there.

M1, the public right-of way (RoW) is public property, not private property. You can park on the 30A right-of-way, in front of private beachfront property today, next to a bike path, as long as you don't value your or your family's safety of getting run over, and voters/owners didn't even have to vote to park on the 30A RoW.
How gracious (not greedy) is that of Walton beachfront owners? Seriously, get over the greedy, selfish, elite, we vs them name calling and just respect individual property rights owners have had and have today. Enjoy the 6+ miles of Walton public beaches and 5,000 acres of public parks. Makes you look misinformed and envious.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
I understand RoW. What you describe is not what exists on IoP. The parking on IoP STARTS 4 ' from the road. While owner's may have ownership rights, they aren't running around chasing people away. Like they do in SoWal. There is a red line painted along Palm Blvd. 4' from the road. It is packed with cars. Every few houses, a path runs from the road to the beach.

It's simple, there are greedy people who run screaming from their homes when anyone comes near their yards or beach front in SoWal. I've experienced it personally. It didn't used to be that way. But as people build bigger houses along the beach to impress, God knows who, the sharing has gone away.

Envious of greedy people who won't share the beach? Yeah, not so much. You seem to want to represent them Lucas. So, I'm guessing you must be one of them. I'll be back living there in a couple of years. I'll be the guy pushing to change bad laws.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Beach Vendors will be a huge revenue driver for HOA / COA's that "own" their beach. They pay these Associations big $$$ to vend on their beaches.

Why don't we have business licenses? Do we not want to know who is collecting revenue off of the beaches? After all, we all own them right? (Customary Use). If I have a right to all the beach (as per customary use) then I want to know who profits from it and I'd like to see the details... Follow the $$$.

You are watching the systematic disassembly of the area. If a Better South Walton had a way to fight this, I'd jump on their train, toot their horn and give them $.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Since a significant part of this discussion surrounds "Enforcement", or the apparent, lack there of, I thought I'd let you know that the 2015/2016 TDC Code Enforcement stats are in.

I'm hoping someone will post the entire report.

With numbers such as approximately 1200 contacts with people for glass on beach violations and only two (2) citations issued and approximately 2100 contacts for dog on beach violations and only nine (9) citations issued, it is very easy to see that we have and have had a serious issue with enforcement...

Not only does non-enforcement send the wrong message to everyone (tourists included), it's a missed opportunity at generating some additional revenue that could go right back to the beach access upkeep or another project.

Why such poor stats? Did BCC Members or someone else, instruct the Code Officers NOT to issue fines? Just verbal or written warnings...

We need clear, firm, fair and consistent Enforcement.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Yep, see the truth above and follow the $$$! Raking in cash and storing their vending on public beaches and no licensing fees? With the amount of head scratching Sh!t that goes on here How do I retain my hair? Nonsense after nonsense, could it ever get to reasonable and legal someday like well run normal communities?