• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
This issue has been alluded to in at least three other posts I have read. Please tell me why conditions are terrible in some workers areas and she is buying 6K dollar desks and spending 50k of grants for her office. Why is the county seeking those kinds of grants instead of drainage, roads and bridge grants?????Wrong Priorities !!!!!! My desk from office max costs 580.00 and is plenty nice enough for anybody. When Pridgen held that office, his desk probably cost 75 bucks and was county surplus. That's the difference between serving others and serving yourself, the rest of the commissioners should stop that purchase!

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
This issue has been alluded to in at least three other posts I have read. Please tell me why conditions are terrible in some workers areas and she is buying 6K dollar desks and spending 50k of grants for her office. Why is the county seeking those kinds of grants instead of drainage, roads and bridge grants?????Wrong Priorities !!!!!! My desk from office max costs 580.00 and is plenty nice enough for anybody. When Pridgen held that office, his desk probably cost 75 bucks and was county surplus. That's the difference between serving others and serving yourself, the rest of the commissioners should stop that purchase!

The desk in question can be viewed at the Commissioners office on Logan Rd in So Wal.

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
Why does a part-time job require a $6,000 desk? That kind of money could really help fix one of our fire stations.

The matching credenza and leather sofa were just accoutrements.

I'm guessing the 50k grant Jones asked the board to apply for in July (after taking C. Meadows to task at a public meeting for not sharing/offering a portion of the plat fees sitting in the bank in Meadows District) will be or have been used for similar purchases.

I'm also guessing that grants for First Responders and EMS are not being applied for because they require state oversight. In other words, the State could come in at anytime and do inspections on those Stations where grant monies were used. It's called accountability. The County doesn't want that kind of migraine.

The legendary history this County has of not operating in the Sunshine (not to mention the almost $5 million dollars it has cost the taxpayers) is part and parcel of how the county operates. Just think what $5 million dollars could have done to upgrade those fire stations. Wow!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014

A Better South Walton might get more support if they actually came out in opposition to some of the issues that appear to be of substance in SoWal.

Customary Use is a hot topic and it doesn't help that there is controversy with one of their members in favor of it and in the past, actively spoke out about his favoring it. Rosemary Beach just filed a law suit against the county and the commissioners over this very thing.

My tax dollars going to C. Jones and her desk are one of those issues. It is disgusting and very telling of who she looks out for, herself.

I also feel they'd get some additional traction if they looked at having their own Public Safety and not being so quick to contract with the Sheriff's Office.
But back to the desk, it really is sickening...:puke:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
A Better South Walton might get more support if they actually came out in opposition to some of the issues that appear to be of substance in SoWal.

Customary Use is a hot topic and it doesn't help that there is controversy with one of their members in favor of it and in the past, actively spoke out about his favoring it. Rosemary Beach just filed a law suit against the county and the commissioners over this very thing.

My tax dollars going to C. Jones and her desk are one of those issues. It is disgusting and very telling of who she looks out for, herself.

I also feel they'd get some additional traction if they looked at having their own Public Safety and not being so quick to contract with the Sheriff's Office.
But back to the desk, it really is sickening...:puke:
Are you talking about ABSW group proposing it's own police force?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
That is what most "cities" do...... one of the reasons I am not willing to jump on the "incorporation" bandwagon is because no one has seen what kind of "contract" might be proposed by the county therefore we dont know what the additional taxation for THAT will be. That and the fact that incorporation worked out so well for our neighbors (Deatin and PCB).....:rolleyes:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It might be something to look at. Its no different than having a study to have NoWal Fire fall under WCSO.

Can SWFD have "public safety" aka. Police, too?

I don't want to pay WCSO 2x for service that I don't see, unless its an emergency. Where are the neighborhood patrols? Haven't see a deputy in my hood for weeks (yes, I'm up late).

Its just an idea. Wonder if its possible.

My point was the ABSW would get more attention to its goal if they considered all options.

I, for one, would gladly pay more tax $ if we had our own PD. ABSW is touting no new taxes...

The members of the new "city council", would control the department, unlike what we have now which is one man, elected official, with A LOT of power. He can magically make an SOP that requires owners to spend $$$, but then choose to NOT enforce it? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Remember, he was shamed into enforcing the spring break issues at the meeing Sara C. held at SeaScape a few years ago. Now its a feather in his hat. Masterful politician. We don't need that.