• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Hello,

Husband and I are in love with South Walton (who isn't?). We have a few work opportunities which may allow us to move permanently to the area. I love the towns along 30A but where do the full time year round families live? So far, I've been looking at Pelican Bay. What are some others? I want my kids to be able to bike to friends houses and I want to know my neighbors. Pot lucks and bonfires and block parties.

Budget is up to $450K. Would like decent size lots (we have a dog and lots of yard sports). Walkable amenities to green space or tennis/community pool would be so nice. We of course need good schools. I want relatively new as I've already renovated three houses and want pretty turn key. We do not want to be around many rental homes.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
There are plenty of families who live within 1/4 mile of the coast but few can stomach the crowds after a few years of it. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods north of tourists. The area around Eden State Gardens is paradise. Bite the apple.

30ARealtor

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2017
30A
Thank you, James. By chance do you have some names of subdivisions?
Cawlen
There are some great places on 30A. Some some nice gems north of 98. I can help you find your new home here in South Walton.
I am a Realtor here in Santa Rosa Beach and very knowledgeable of the areas and the new builders. Let me know if I can help
Tim

Sean Dana

Beach Comber
Feb 26, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach , Miramar SoWal
Hartsved Plantation Place off N. Eden Road small 30 home sub division. We lived there,very nice neighborhood,homes from upper 200k above. We only moved because husband doesnt care to be in a HOA.
A new DR Horton subdivision being built close on the bayside. Upper 300k
New townhomes being built off church street 200k & up..
These are just north side of 98, within couple few miles from 30A.

There is more DR Horton homes going up. Find there facebook page.
We soon may be listing our cottage style home on corner lot of church street for sale.

Hope you find something you can call home soon.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Grayton Bayou - I built a house for my daughter and family last year - 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath 2000 square feet, nice yard - for around $325K. PM and we can talk.

MariposaRanch

Beach Crab
Aug 17, 2020
Texas
Grayton Bayou - I built a house for my daughter and family last year - 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath 2000 square feet, nice yard - for around $325K. PM and we can talk.
Hi,
I would love to hear your experience in Grayton Bayou neighborhood. We are considering building there. Are there families with kids in the neighborhood? thanks!