• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Since it has become apparent to me we are going to attack the messenger and not the message that was delivered to the school board meeting, please allow me...

I'm not responsible for his wife's comments on his actions on Facebook or her calling him out and the page later being deleted. By his wife's own admission she knew what he was up to.

I'll grant you Alicia, the woman in question has 5 maybe 6 Facebook pages and I'll also grant you the woman is not playing with a full deck (drugs tend to make you crazy) but even the next door neighbors of this woman reported him being at her residence on Paul Rd. all the time. Still others the night all this transpired, also commented to his wife that they saw the 2 of them together in public loving all over each other.

Online fodder Alicia? Well his actions certainly gave absolute credibility to the rumors!

I was not the only person who spoke at that meeting last night. Dr. Don Riley was also there and reiterated most of what I said in the statement I read to the board.

Suzanne Harris also spoke and gave Bill Eddins Jr. the benefit of the doubt saying she had supported him in the elections, that she liked him and if all this was untrue she gave him ample opportunity to stand up and say so. He sat with his face buried and would not even make eye contact. After the meeting he FLED the building.

You were there when Mr. Hughes came to me, shook my hand and thanked me also assuring me that this would be taken care of. You were also there when Ms. Winegarner came to me and thanked me, telling me what I said took allot of courage and thanked me for coming forward. While you may not have heard what was said to me you assuredly know I was approached by both of them.

This morning when I spoke to you on the phone, you had the audacity to ask me how I decided who or why I singled out certain individuals. Most who know me will tell you that I HATE politics in Walton County and corrupt officials are assuredly a pet peeve of mine. I'm pretty indiscriminate when it comes to the latter.

If news sources in this county and even Okaloosa County were half as indiscriminate, we might actually get real news reported to us so that people could make informed decisions when they go to the polls and stop voting for the riffraff we continually re-cycle in this County!

As to your comment about being the only press to report School Board meetings let me give you a refresher course on SoWal school board meetings since I've been here long enough to know how that all went down. The South end raised holy hell back in the day because school board meetings were historically held in the North end of the County with allot of residents saying they were unable or unwilling to drive to NoWal for school board meetings. The School Board listened and agreed every other meeting would be held in Sowal. Historically school board meetings have always been POORLY attended last night being NO EXCEPTION. With the exception of the people I knew who attended that meeting and yourself, everyone else in the building was somehow employed by the school system. For years prior to your service Kevin Chilcutt (at the time with WZEP) covered your beat all by his lonesome and even he will tell you that back then the meetings were just as poorly attended both in North and South Walton.

As to investigative reporters, I didn't even know the Herald had an investigative reporter let alone someone who would go out and actually speak to the neighbors who knew Eddins Jr. was on Paul Rd. or any of the other sources I have cited. Now, since I have all this information where is the investigative reporter at and I'll be sure to give them ALL the information I have since you have already told me in no uncertain terms you're not interested!!

Have a good day Alicia! :blink:

View attachment 65738 View attachment 65739
Since it has become apparent to me we are going to attack the messenger and not the message that was delivered to the school board meeting, please allow me...

I'm not responsible for his wife's comments on his actions on Facebook or her calling him out and the page later being deleted. By his wife's own admission she knew what he was up to.

I'll grant you Alicia, the woman in question has 5 maybe 6 Facebook pages and I'll also grant you the woman is not playing with a full deck (drugs tend to make you crazy) but even the next door neighbors of this woman reported him being at her residence on Paul Rd. all the time. Still others the night all this transpired, also commented to his wife that they saw the 2 of them together in public loving all over each other.

Online fodder Alicia? Well his actions certainly gave absolute credibility to the rumors!

I was not the only person who spoke at that meeting last night. Dr. Don Riley was also there and reiterated most of what I said in the statement I read to the board.

Suzanne Harris also spoke and gave Bill Eddins Jr. the benefit of the doubt saying she had supported him in the elections, that she liked him and if all this was untrue she gave him ample opportunity to stand up and say so. He sat with his face buried and would not even make eye contact. After the meeting he FLED the building.

You were there when Mr. Hughes came to me, shook my hand and thanked me also assuring me that this would be taken care of. You were also there when Ms. Winegarner came to me and thanked me, telling me what I said took allot of courage and thanked me for coming forward. While you may not have heard what was said to me you assuredly know I was approached by both of them.

This morning when I spoke to you on the phone, you had the audacity to ask me how I decided who or why I singled out certain individuals. Most who know me will tell you that I HATE politics in Walton County and corrupt officials are assuredly a pet peeve of mine. I'm pretty indiscriminate when it comes to the latter.

If news sources in this county and even Okaloosa County were half as indiscriminate, we might actually get real news reported to us so that people could make informed decisions when they go to the polls and stop voting for the riffraff we continually re-cycle in this County!

As to your comment about being the only press to report School Board meetings let me give you a refresher course on SoWal school board meetings since I've been here long enough to know how that all went down. The South end raised holy hell back in the day because school board meetings were historically held in the North end of the County with allot of residents saying they were unable or unwilling to drive to NoWal for school board meetings. The School Board listened and agreed every other meeting would be held in Sowal. Historically school board meetings have always been POORLY attended last night being NO EXCEPTION. With the exception of the people I knew who attended that meeting and yourself, everyone else in the building was somehow employed by the school system. For years prior to your service Kevin Chilcutt (at the time with WZEP) covered your beat all by his lonesome and even he will tell you that back then the meetings were just as poorly attended both in North and South Walton.

As to investigative reporters, I didn't even know the Herald had an investigative reporter let alone someone who would go out and actually speak to the neighbors who knew Eddins Jr. was on Paul Rd. or any of the other sources I have cited. Now, since I have all this information where is the investigative reporter at and I'll be sure to give them ALL the information I have since you have already told me in no uncertain terms you're not interested!!

Have a good day Alicia! :blink:

View attachment 65738 View attachment 65739
And you have one as well. Great screen shot here.
But the photos you sent me from the Fb pages and such not yours,

People posting your photos without permission? It's illegal

Not so, according to attorney Smith. He said anytime you take someone else's photo from a social media page and repost without permission - even if you are in the picture - you are breaking the law.

"They are using the image when they do not have the permission to do so,” Smith said. “That is copyright infringement. "

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
What if Someone took a Picture off my Facebook Profile and put it on Theirs?
When you post a photograph on Facebook, the “Share” function implicitly gives permission to anyone who has access to the image to share it according to the settings of the site. If it’s a situation where somebody downloads your photo or takes a screen shot that include your photo, and then posts it to their profile or somewhere else online, that is likely of violation of your copyright rights.:thanks:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
My gosh, either you write the story or you don't...

Do your own research if you don't like what has been posted on this or any other site. The Herald Breeze would sure sell papers if someone did some research and did always write articles on who's apple pie is best or who's kid caught the big brim this week...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
What if Someone took a Picture off my Facebook Profile and put it on Theirs?
When you post a photograph on Facebook, the “Share” function implicitly gives permission to anyone who has access to the image to share it according to the settings of the site. If it’s a situation where somebody downloads your photo or takes a screen shot that include your photo, and then posts it to their profile or somewhere else online, that is likely of violation of your copyright rights.:thanks:

How funny that you should ask....when Facebook is notified that someone is impersonating someone else or using images that are not theirs, Facebook doesn't do anything about it.

Yes, the share function was working the night all this was posted. Once the account was deleted so to went the images and the conversation. I saved those images to my machine because I knew the page was going to come down and by 7 am the next morning they were gone!

That is also why the images don't appear here any longer because they were linked to the original page...page gone...images gone...POOF!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I think you might have hit the trifecta. Photos,
What Is Invasion of Privacy?
Publication of Private Facts | Digital Media Law Project

Do your own research if you don't like what has been posted on this or any other site. The Herald Breeze would sure sell papers if someone did some research and did always write articles on who's apple pie is best or who's kid caught the big brim this week...
It's not research when you steal a person photos from Fb and post them on other sites. I spoke with this lady this morning and tried to do whatever I could for her. And no, no story on this interaction. Apple pie sound great and we do have a new outdoors and fishing sec
How funny that you should ask....when Facebook is notified that someone is impersonating someone else or using images that are not theirs, Facebook doesn't do anything about it.

Yes, the share function was working the night all this was posted. Once the account was deleted so to went the images and the conversation. I saved those images to my machine because I knew the page was going to come down and by 7 am the next morning they were gone!

That is also why the images don't appear here any longer because they were linked to the original page...page gone...images gone...POOF!

That's what screen shots are for. They don't poof!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

Oh shes going to write the story have no fear of that and her slant will be she thinks this is a witch hunt and 15 year old news because she is not an investigative reporter and nobody contacted her about any of this.

--------------------------------

Just as she has sung the silly Mayor of Defuniak Springs and Diane Pickett praises for trying to keep this City in the 18th century and asking the mayor for his side of the story and his throwing a temper tantrum for something he agreed to in a public meeting and later reneged on, leaving me wondering if she and I actually attended the same meeting and she wasn't the reporter sitting directly in front of me. Her story and the mayor in this weeks edition of the paper are so far from the truth of what transpired at the meeting I was at, I thought I was watching a twilight zone episode.

Shoddy reporting helps keep this City backward and unable to move forward. Thanks for your participation in that Alicia....great job. KUDOS!

Oh and BTW, read Diane Picketts's letter to the editor and her VISION for Defuniak.

Whatever happens keep life all about the historic district and downtown Defuniak and remember folks Ms. Pickett want's things just the way they were 60 some odd years ago.

Read the back page also and how the Main Street Project (to revitalize Defuniak) might well cost the taxpayers 30 thousand dollars if the Mayor and Pickett have their way.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I got a call at work yesterday telling me someone had followed Bill to her home and had dates and times he was there. I am afraid this is going to explode if Bill does not make a statement of some kind. Someone must have cared enough to hire a private dectitive long before this all broke.