• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Many people don't know that tents larger than 6 feet square aren't allowed as of April 1. Violations bring $100 fines.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
I thought it was no tents larger than 6X6 on private property? And no tents larger than 6X6 vended . The beach, private and public is covered in tents and code enforcement drives on by.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It could be a $1,000 fine...and BCC and TDC would order "Hands Off" on all tourist. Beach are even parking in No Parking spots

Attachments

• IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 268

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
It could be a $1,000 fine...and BCC and TDC would order "Hands Off" on all tourist. Beach are even parking in No Parking spots
Deputies and code enforcement are giving people warnings not to bring them back the next day or get fined. I think this is fair sine it is new. It's best for all for us to limit stuff on the beach. And vendors need to be curtailed. Maybe we should charge for their privilege.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
I thought it was no tents larger than 6X6 on private property? And no tents larger than 6X6 vended . The beach, private and public is covered in tents and code enforcement drives on by.

tent.jpg

ORDINANCES:

1990-06 Jet Skis prohibited in Coastal Dune Lakes
1997-27 Walton County Public Nudity Ordinance
2003-07 Beach Ordinance
2014-16 Noise Ordinance
2004-07 No Vending on Public Beaches Ordinances
2004-08 Adult Entertainment, Enterprises, & Establishments
2005-24 White Sands Protection Zones
2006-08 Dogs on Beach & Dog Tags
2008-24 Walton County Animal Control Ordinance
2008-26 Point Washington Building Height Limitations Ordinance
2008-29 Outdoor Event Ordinance
2009-02 Multi-Use Path Ordinance
2009-03 Wildlife Conservation Ordinance (Turtle Lighting)
2009-10 Walton County Height Limit Ordinance
2009-14 Dogs on Beach Ordinance
2010-05 Obstructions on the Beach Ordinance
2010-09 Temporary Beach Bon Fire Permits
2011-01 Parking Ordinance

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Deputies and code enforcement are giving people warnings not to bring them back the next day or get fined. I think this is fair sine it is new. It's best for all for us to limit stuff on the beach. And vendors need to be curtailed. Maybe we should charge for their privilege.

If this is serious, then we may have finally gotten our message across. Enforce the Rules that are already in place.

One warning is acceptable. Two or three gets a bit questionable. Follow rules or don't. Rules have consequences, maybe they will here.

I have to question if this is being driven by vendors? If a tent was on "my" beach, I'd loose space or god forbid, a tourist got up earlier than I did and put a tent in front of my special spot? What now. Wondering what is driving this "new" attitude.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Those cars should be towed immediately.

Revenue ($$$) to County and relief to community. Too much politricks here to do that...

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
Where exactly are code enforcement officers telling people to not come back with the tent or be fined? I own gulf front and when they have shown up for tents on my property , I have watched code enforcement help move the tents onto neighboring property. Those same tents continue to go up the rest of the week , with code enforcement driving by. Beyond that , how on earth are these tourists supposed to have any clue of the rules ? Every day it looks like a refugee camp up and down the beach . Most times the people coming over the neighborhood walkover are toting tents and lots of times before sunrise .

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
IMG_5074.JPG
In front of Emerald Hill in Seagrove just now. 9 tents altogether. Notice the six all strung together in left hand side of picture Two rows of three tents. Hard to say for sure from my vantage point but looks like all exceed size limit. And it's not even 7:30 am yet.