• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Freeport is north of the bay isn't it? I thought the south Walton elites wanted to separate from the inferior beings across the bridge so why would Freeport municipal politics be a concern?

We just bought waterfront property in Freeport, so does that make me an inferior being? :sosad:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
We just bought waterfront property in Freeport, so does that make me an inferior being? :sosad:
Is it within the City Limits? I think there is plenty of property that is on the waterfront that isn't within the City Limits.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
As far as I know, all the candidates are good people who love Freeport and want to see what is best for it. The issues are exactly what to do to improve things. But the rancor and vitriol you are expressing about some candidates does not do a service to those you support. Tell the voters what they wish to do and why. But as far as I can see, with no dog in the hunt, you are hard pressed to slam Boots McCormick who is a native as well, has accepted no campaign contributions from anyone and stood before voters for an hour and a half Monday evening and answered any questions they wanted to ask at a non-partisan forum. He has not ducked the issues and has been transparent and willing to tell people his vision. He has also spent his entire life serving the public and helping people. If you don't support his ideas and vision, that is your right and is fine, but slamming him as you did is unfair and uncalled for.
Ms. McLean has serious family issues and could not attend that forum but her record is well known and she has worked hard as you say. Mayor Barley was sick Monday evening but he has a record of working hard for the city to stand on as well.
I wish all the candidates the best of luck and thank them for their willingness to serve the citizens.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Is it within the City Limits? I think there is plenty of property that is on the waterfront that isn't within the City Limits.
In side the city or outside the city, it`s still considered Freeport to us. The term "inferior beings" just struck a nerve. I guess when we finally sell our property here on the south side, we`ll fall in the ranks of the "inferior beings". I personally think we made a wise decision to buy to the north. The south is only going to get worse IMHO.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
In side the city or outside the city, it`s still considered Freeport to us. The term "inferior beings" just struck a nerve. I guess when we finally sell our property here on the south side, we`ll fall in the ranks of the "inferior beings". I personally think we made a wise decision to buy to the north. The south is only going to get worse IMHO.
Pretty sure the term was used in a lame attempt to impune south walton elites rather than as an actual description of freeport residents. Or just more people the poster has a problem with which does appear to be about everyone.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
As far as I know, all the candidates are good people who love Freeport and want to see what is best for it. The issues are exactly what to do to improve things. But the rancor and vitriol you are expressing about some candidates does not do a service to those you support. Tell the voters what they wish to do and why. But as far as I can see, with no dog in the hunt, you are hard pressed to slam Boots McCormick who is a native as well, has accepted no campaign contributions from anyone and stood before voters for an hour and a half Monday evening and answered any questions they wanted to ask at a non-partisan forum. He has not ducked the issues and has been transparent and willing to tell people his vision. He has also spent his entire life serving the public and helping people. If you don't support his ideas and vision, that is your right and is fine, but slamming him as you did is unfair and uncalled for.
Ms. McLean has serious family issues and could not attend that forum but her record is well known and she has worked hard as you say. Mayor Barley was sick Monday evening but he has a record of working hard for the city to stand on as well.
I wish all the candidates the best of luck and thank them for their willingness to serve the citizens.

Not sure how or why Boots McCormick would be slammed. From what I know of him, he's a good man and did very good work for the Sheriff's Office when he was there.

He actually did a pretty interesting investigation involving a local developer back when he worked under Ralph Johnson. Unfortunately, that investigation eventually got swept under the rug with the current administration...

They (those that conducted the Grand Jury, from WCSO and State Attorney) were scrambling to locate McCormick (he was working at the courthouse) as it seems his report may have some interesting things in it... I wonder where that report is now? :dunno:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Sorry obviously misunderstood where that was going. I feel i did well moving to the Freeport area.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I don't have a witch in the hunt for Freeport elected officials.

I do however think the term "Honest Politician" is an oxymoron!

I have seen grown men (ELECTED OFFICIALS) sacrifice their own morals and integrity to cavort all over Walton County with a young woman, not their wife whom they left at home, only to have the girlfriend out them on their own personal Facebook page who are still in office despite assurances from the Superintendent that it would be addressed.

I have seen grown men (ELECTED OFFICIALS) sacrifice their own morals and integrity and the integrity of the WCSO and the DFS PD fudge their certifications to keep their paycheck, get elected and then re-elected. I've seen them admit their shortcomings with promises to never do it again only to do it again and again once elected. More on that to come.

I've seen a "woman" (elected official) who never had any integrity or morals get elected and then re-elected, who has managed to increase her net worth from that of a retired elementary school teacher too almost 1.2 million dollars once elected by lying, cheating and stealing whatever she could and use her political cronies in the State Attorney's Office, as well as a developer with more money than good sense to help her do it. I've also witnessed first hand her husbands rage and threats to citizens who dared to question either of them.

Last but not least we now have the postman that got elected who I honestly think never had a mind of his own, whose election was bought and paid for by the man with more money than good sense. His integrity was lost the moment he crawled in the proverbial "sack" with money and the woman who never had any morals integrity or character to start with.

Last edited: