• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I see the Northern Concentration camp images of Confederate soldiers have disappeared...hmmm.

I'm also hearing that "liberals" (I have difficulty using that term because I always thought I was pretty open minded) are saying the American Flag is offensive to American Muslims and legal immigrants. Is that flag next on the hit list?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I see the Northern Concentration camp images of Confederate soldiers have disappeared...hmmm.

I'm also hearing that "liberals" (I have difficulty using that term because I always thought I was pretty open minded) are saying the American Flag is offensive to American Muslims and legal immigrants. Is that flag next on the hit list?

Those were very powerful images. Far too much for SoWal.

While the jury is out with me on this issue, I appreciate all the information I can get.

As for Old Glory, just try and take it!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
No worries. My recollection is that you were responding to Bob Well's complaint that I was "nothing more than a troll" any you said "there is nothing worse than a troll". Anyway that was
a long time ago and I prefer to let the past rest in peace...
Still kind of waiting for you to show me where I said that. Thanks

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Bob Wells, I have no idea what happened to those posts. I remember that it was in July 2015 and not in this thread but you probably should ask Kurt. I don't know why you would be waiting for me to show you anything. I do not have any control over anything but what I post and I take ownership of my posts. It takes me 5 minutes to log in and about 10 minutes to post on this thread all of which is not in my control so I suggest you ask a moderator about forum IT stuff.

Kurt, I do not have you confused with someone else. I read those posts but I have no idea if it came from you or Bob Wells because all I see is a computer screen. All I know is that that it was posted under your name and Bob Wells. Trust me, I don't live in the past and harbor no bad feelings.

This thread proved nothing if not that people are accusatory, mean spirited and lack civility. I apologize for my part in anything I posted that offended anyone because that was not my intent. I do react and defend just as all of us imperfect humans do. Forums are not a great place to communicate because we are looking at words being typed by someone we do not know. This forum is a great place for information but not great in finding common ground on opposing issues. It is not the fault of the forum. Social media will never replace face to face conversation (I hope). Throw in the fact that people are not trained in civil debate on issues and presto you have 84 pages of polarizing emotionally charged rhetoric. I do sense that this thread was hijacked by people who enjoy just keeping things stirred up which are the real trolls. Not sure why you and Bob Wells put me in that category but I don't hold it against you. I respect the Confederate Flag, The Confederate Soldier and Southern Heritage. I respect African Americans and reject racism of any kind. However white supremacy and racism is a part of American History and should not be blamed on geographical areas or those with less education or economic success. This thread exposed self righteous behaviors and hidden political agendas within our community. I am not holding my breath that we will ever find common ground with each other but I hope that we do. I prefer friends not enemies...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob Wells, I have no idea what happened to those posts. I remember that it was in July 2015 and not in this thread but you probably should ask Kurt. I don't know why you would be waiting for me to show you anything. I do not have any control over anything but what I post and I take ownership of my posts. It takes me 5 minutes to log in and about 10 minutes to post on this thread all of which is not in my control so I suggest you ask a moderator about forum IT stuff.

Kurt, I do not have you confused with someone else. I read those posts but I have no idea if it came from you or Bob Wells because all I see is a computer screen. All I know is that that it was posted under your name and Bob Wells. Trust me, I don't live in the past and harbor no bad feelings.

This thread proved nothing if not that people are accusatory, mean spirited and lack civility. I apologize for my part in anything I posted that offended anyone because that was not my intent. I do react and defend just as all of us imperfect humans do. Forums are not a great place to communicate because we are looking at words being typed by someone we do not know. This forum is a great place for information but not great in finding common ground on opposing issues. It is not the fault of the forum. Social media will never replace face to face conversation (I hope). Throw in the fact that people are not trained in civil debate on issues and presto you have 84 pages of polarizing emotionally charged rhetoric. I do sense that this thread was hijacked by people who enjoy just keeping things stirred up which are the real trolls. Not sure why you and Bob Wells put me in that category but I don't hold it against you. I respect the Confederate Flag, The Confederate Soldier and Southern Heritage. I respect African Americans and reject racism of any kind. However white supremacy and racism is a part of American History and should not be blamed on geographical areas or those with less education or economic success. This thread exposed self righteous behaviors and hidden political agendas within our community. I am not holding my breath that we will ever find common ground with each other but I hope that we do. I prefer friends not enemies...
Oh, so I may have made a comment about you being a troll, but not in this thread, and I should ask someone else where it is. With all due respect, it is not me who made the accusation and as such I will take it as you have a faulty memory until otherwise shown.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Bob Wells, why would I make this up? Either I am a brainless troll or a real person with a brain. Brains usually have a memory. It is possible that you have a faulty memory as well. I am not sweating it and neither should you. It is okay, really. I acknowledge that you did not post a lot in this thread so Kudos to you for that! You have better common sense than those like myself who allowed this subject to go on and on. I don't know what happened to those posts and don't really care. I was just answering Bob Bob's question. Lets move on and put this thread to rest.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob Wells, why would I make this up? Either I am a brainless troll or a real person with a brain. Brains usually have a memory. It is possible that you have a faulty memory as well. I am not sweating it and neither should you. It is okay, really. I acknowledge that you did not post a lot in this thread so Kudos to you for that! You have better common sense than those like myself who allowed this subject to go on and on. I don't know what happened to those posts and don't really care. I was just answering Bob Bob's question. Lets move on and put this thread to rest.
I got know problem with moving on, I just cant say I have called you a troll. Obviously Kurt doesnt remember and yet you think he has done something to your post. That said there are a lot of folks who have been banned from here before whose post still show up in the feed. I suppose your imagination could have gotten the best of you. So you dont know what thread it was, but certain is was 2015?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Pay no attention to a troll who returns after 2 years to again stir up trouble about racism issues. DON"T feed the troll!