• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I thought I was a bad driver. Someone must have been looking at the girls on the beach instead of paying attention. AS always just another day in
'As The World Turns In Walton County !!!!
'

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I thought I was a bad driver. Someone must have been looking at the girls on the beach instead of paying attention. AS always just another day in
'As The World Turns In Walton County !!!!
'

Sad but true...just as we can't elect the brightest bulbs in the pack...we can't hire them either.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Was Walton Code Enforcement (CE) and WCSO enforcing anything today (7/2/2017) on public or private property or were they still stuck in the sand? I know complaints for tents exceeding 6 feet square on public beaches (and public tents on private property) were filed on the useless WaltonGIS CE web page.
I’d be willing to bet CE would be there in a second if a beachfront private property owner were to place a sign marking their surveyed private property boundaries as described by FL statutes though.

Seagrove Beach had multiple infractions on public beach (about between the yellow lines) of ord 2017-05 and 2017-10.
2017-07-02 1112 Seagrove Tower Cam est private boundries.jpg From Walton PA site. 2017-07-02 East Seagrove.jpg 2017-07-02 1600 SoWal Seagrove Cam.jpg

Didn’t realize Inlet public beach allowed vehicles and boat trailers to drive on the beach to retrieve boats either?
2017-07-02 SoWal Inlet Beach Boat loading.jpg

Grayton Beach had multiple tents throughout the day.
2017-07-02 SoWal Grayton Beach Tents Highlighted.jpg

2017-05 "WHEREAS, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners finds it necessary ... prohibiting tents on the beach, and providing for access aisles at the water's edge and toe of the dune;
r. It shall be unlawful to place beach equipment on the beach within fifteen (15) feet of the water's edge or within fifteen (15) feet of the toe of the dune or line of permanent dune vegetation on any regional or neighborhood beach access [or private beach?].”
Unsure how emergency vehicles would get to San Destin in a real emergency.
2017-07-02 SoWal San Destin Cam.jpg

All infractions easily visible to Walton County and the public from the multiple constantly-staring SoWal beach cams (and many private security cams too). Live Beach Cams | SoWal.com

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
Here are just some of the tents in Seacrest today. Never saw Code Enforcement or fresh tire tracks. The big baby blue 'event' tent has had several Code complaints filed on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7262.JPG
    IMG_7262.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 203

Mark Jacobs

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2017
Freeport, Fl
The problem I have with the tents is the majority of them are either left out all night or are put out way before the turtle watch has cleared the area every day. If we are controlling when the vendors can set up their stuff, why shouldn't we control what the public puts out. Isn't it in fact a safety hazard for the turtle's also? Or maybe the bright CE officer that stuck the truck told them that turtles can tell the difference between tourist and vendor!!

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
So far, customary use and the tent changes in the Beach Activities Ordinance leave a great deal to be desired. This is what happens when there are no notices at accesses to let people know that there have been changes. It's great that we have more code enforcement officers, but it doesn't help much if staffing doesn't match demand. Many weekend days, only one officer is on duty on the beach for hours on end during the time that people are "setting up". There has also been considerable confusion about what is or isn't an actual violation among the code enforcement officers. Clearly, having an officer stuck in an outfall for 2 hours doesn't help and probably requires another officer to come help them out, which means even less actual enforcement taking place. Enforcement was and is the number one complaint on the beach. Hopefully, soon, the BCC and the TDC will realize that "peace/harmony on the beach" will not be achieved until there are well thought out rules and even better thought out communication to the public.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Clearly, having an officer stuck in an outfall for 2 hours doesn't help and probably requires another officer to come help them out, which means even less actual enforcement taking place.

Winner, Winner chicken dinner! :D:D:D:D:D:D