• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If you have it stored properly no problem if it is loaded and under your seat or in your glove box illegal if you have a concealed carry license for florida and you have it on your person fine i am not looking to stop legally permitted guns just the illegal guns and the illegally transported guns
So what is our plan? Do we stop every car and do a search? How do we pay for it, do we set up road blocks at every every entry point? Is this a year round effort and how many additional folks is it going to require?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
So what is our plan? Do we stop every car and do a search? How do we pay for it, do we set up road blocks at every every entry point? Is this a year round effort and how many additional folks is it going to require?
Let the beach vendors enforce the gun law...they already Rule...

noledog

Beach Comber
Dec 23, 2006
Birmingham, AL
If you have it stored properly no problem if it is loaded and under your seat or in your glove box illegal if you have a concealed carry license for florida and you have it on your person fine i am not looking to stop legally permitted guns just the illegal guns and the illegally transported guns

I have an Alabama CCP and it is valid in Florida as well as numerous other states.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It's simply the quality of the tourist.

We used to have a much higher end client base here.

Since the mass marketing of the TDC, post Katrina, we now attract a different type of visitor...

Sad.

I still stand by my original opine. Quality of Tourist.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I still stand by my original opine. Quality of Tourist.
All the more reason to have a weapon handy at the beach. One tucked into your trunks and one in the cooler. You never know when you will need to "stand your ground" over a sandcastle. The NRA claims more guns make us safer. Don't you want to be safe?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You all can take this where you want. I remember not that long ago when there was targeted advertising. I am curious if we still do that or if it is more general in nature. I wonder if some of the change was throwing in with Visit Florida which wasn't necessarily targeting the crowds that many seemed to be accustomed to in SoWal. That being said the folks we have visiting Walton County and especially moving to Sowal do seem to be able to afford living / vacationing here, so maybe it is just a different generation of folks who can afford to visit. That being said, I am glad tourist come here and until there is some other job producing industry that provide jobs to our folks, year round I hope they continue to come.

vote

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
Bob i think you could figure a way and answer all of the questions. VOTE OUT

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob i think you could figure a way and answer all of the questions. VOTE OUT
I doubt it, but I wasn't having issues with it either. Sometimes I wonder how much thought goes into comments we make. I know I.am guilty, at times, without thinking things all the way through. Other times I think them through and say things just to get a rise and to start a conversation. But that is just me.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
All the more reason to have a weapon handy at the beach. One tucked into your trunks and one in the cooler. You never know when you will need to "stand your ground" over a sandcastle. The NRA claims more guns make us safer. Don't you want to be safe?
Your sarcasm is idiotic.