• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Wow. Mean spirited much? If you don't know what standing up for our community looks like then no one can help you understand this basic but critical concept. The sheriff's office needs clarification of the governor's executive order as much as the people do. It takes all of our efforts to do our part for our beach town. Supporting each other and not tearing into one another. Protesting and working in many ways. These two men showed up for us. I am grateful.

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I don't think Justin and Daniel were insulting at all. The wet sand argument is absurd, as you can clearly see. We can speculate about who is right and wrong here, but until a survey is produced, nothing can be proven. My feeling is that the person who called the authorities is insulting, since they have absolutely nothing to prove that Justin and Daniel are trespassing.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
These two men showed up for us. I am grateful.

Who is US?

I assure you Teresa they were not there for me and similarly they obviously were not there for others posting here and I live in a beach community county! I agree with gailforce.

This isn't the first time Uhlfelder has imposed himself in a controversial "cause" and I'm sure it won't be the last. He seems to thrive on creating animosity and pitting neighbors against neighbors. If that's what "US" is all about, I'm happy not to be a part of it.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Who is US?

I assure you Teresa they were not there for me and similarly they obviously were not there for others posting here and I live in a beach community county! I agree with gailforce.

This isn't the first time Uhlfelder has imposed himself in a controversial "cause" and I'm sure it won't be the last. He seems to thrive on creating animosity and pitting neighbors against neighbors. If that's what "US" is all about, I'm happy not to be a part of it.
Oh I see. It's because he wanted the confederate flag removed from county government property? Please keep the racism out of customary use!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Oh I see. It's because he wanted the confederate flag removed from county government property? Please keep the racism out of customary use!

Ummm, I didn't mention the issue or other "cause" I just said it wasn't the first!!

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
Good for Daniel and Justin. good for Daniel about the confederate flag issue too.

I did vote for Tump but i will never forgive Huckabees role in this matter of customary use - and i am not a bigot!!!!!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Who is US?

US is our South Walton community. The people who love our beaches and don't want to see them taken. Who care about the future of our businesses and livelihoods. Who want our children to be able to grow up on the same beaches we did. The people who love our community enough to make a stand, get arrested and go to jail to bring the attention that is needed to this situation made even more confusing by the governor's order. The people who dare to stand on dry sand. All of the people who are residents visitors and beach lovers near and far who want to always be able to walk and play on the world's most beautiful beaches They are us.

Please take your personal grievances elsewhere. It doesn't pertain to the issue at all. It never did pertain to any other issue either. It is not productive and serves no purpose. And it doesn't look good on you

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Arrests and national stories will hasten the legal battle.
Very true. And hopefully eventually embarrass the legistators who voted for this.

AND...reveal who was behind this state wide legislation that seemed to be aimed at Walton County. My hope is it shines a very bright light on Walton County.