• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
US is our South Walton community. The people who love our beaches and don't want to see them taken. Who care about the future of our businesses and livelihoods. Who want our children to be able to grow up on the same beaches we did. The people who love our community enough to make a stand, get arrested and go to jail to bring the attention that is needed to this situation made even more confusing by the governor's order. The people who dare to stand on dry sand. All of the people who are residents visitors and beach lovers near and far who want to always be able to walk and play on the world's most beautiful beaches They are us.

Please take your personal grievances elsewhere. It doesn't pertain to the issue at all. It never did pertain to any other issue either. It is not productive and serves no purpose. And it doesn't look good on you

Contraire Teresa, I don't have a personal grievance. We are one Community but its sounds like to me, you think its exclusive to just SoWal. We all want to prosper and be able to enjoy the beaches and businesses in Walton County. I have said repeatedly I am for customary use and can't make that any plainer.

I just think the "cause" issue was weak. In fact Dave R. has made a much larger impression than Uhlfelder and it didn't require the police.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Contraire Teresa, I don't have a personal grievance. We are one Community but its sounds like to me, you think its exclusive to just SoWal. We all want to prosper and be able to enjoy the beaches and businesses in Walton County. I have said repeatedly I am for customary use and can't make that any plainer.

I just think the "cause" issue was weak. In fact Dave R. has made a much larger impression than Uhlfelder and it didn't require the police.

To repeat... US includes anyone, locals, visitors and beach lovers near and far who care about keeping customary use of our beaches. Justin and Daniel care enough to go out and test the executive order which we now know has zero meaning or applicability. Their effort is just as important as anyone else's. We have a long way to go. Many challenges as a community. Let us work together.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
You know, I had no opinion on Daniel Uhlfelder until today when I first saw the video and until after tonight’s customary use meeting.

There’s no question he’s unnecessarily creating chaos with the the Sheriff’s department, beach front owners and beach goers that might get a false sense of security from his antics.

Yeah, he’s a lawyer. The Sheriff is not going to arrest him and put him on a pedestal for obvious reasons.

I just feel sorry for the next “country Joe” who thinks they can try and get away with same thing but then finds themselves in jail because they don’t have the same influence as Daniel Uhlfelder. In my book he’s just pushing his name. Sad, but many people can be convinced to drink the same Kool-Aid.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
You know, I had no opinion on Daniel Uhlfelder until today when I first saw the video and until after tonight’s customary use meeting.

There’s no question he’s unnecessarily creating chaos with the the Sheriff’s department, beach front owners and beach goers that might get a false sense of security from his antics.

Yeah, he’s a lawyer. The Sheriff is not going to arrest him and put him on a pedestal for obvious reasons.

I just feel sorry for the next “country Joe” who thinks they can try and get away with same thing but then finds themselves in jail because they don’t have the same influence as Daniel Uhlfelder. In my book he’s just pushing his name. Sad, but many people can be convinced to drink the same Kool-Aid.

Thank you BMBV. I witnessed him speak tonight as well. One of his comments was that he was scared to death they would actually arrest him and put him in jail yet, he called the media, he posted the video of himself drawing lines in the sand and was arguing or being confrontational with the WCSO deputies on scene and did it 2 days running knowing what the possible consequences were before he ever went.

By his own admission (tonight) he knows how the game is played in Tallahassee because of his father's connections and he knows (but would not name) who lined who's pockets in Tallahassee to get the bill passed.

I respect his right to protest the issue but I'm not a fan of the way he chose to do it. By his own admission he called the media and invited them to watch his antics and I also know that when a newspaper reporter wrote the first article about his antics and how he went about it, Uhlfelder was on the phone almost immediately after it hit social media because he did not like that the reporter accurately called him out on his BS.

Ultimately, this will be decided in the courts at taxpayer expense. I know you and I don't agree about the customary use issue for obvious reasons but at the end of the day I still agree to disagree with you on the issue and there are so many other issues we do actually agree on. There is no happy medium here and right now allota people are hyped up and super passionate/heated/mad/angry (what ever) about customary use.

I started to speak tonight but because it was a last minute, spur of the moment decision to go to Sowal, I didn't. Many of my own thoughts were mirror images of those who did speak and anything I may have added seemed redundant.

I didn't come away knowing anymore than I did before I went except that there were/are some consummate politicians who spoke tonight, including 2 at the table on stage who are pandering to public opinion to get themselves re-elected. Larry Jones would also like to keep his job. We are in this mess because of what the County has done and ultimately what Drake didn't do in Tallahassee.

The voters need to remember that.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
Here is the truth folks:

There was a deal made between our local blue mountain beach front owner Huckabee with the Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

Even the person that confided that information to me called it "dirty politics"

So we are the only ones in Florida stuck with this law and a have to prove customary use - in the meantime we have to stay on the wet sand on non-public beaches.

Huckabbe - you are a trader to your faith - to the people of Walton County - to the visitors that spend a lot of money to come to the beach - and the business owners who will suffer when this law impacts tourism and sales.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Here is the truth folks:

There was a deal made between our local blue mountain beach front owner Huckabee with the Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

Even the person that confided that information to me called it "dirty politics"

So we are the only ones in Florida stuck with this law and a have to prove customary use - in the meantime we have to stay on the wet sand on non-public beaches.

Huckabbe - you are a trader to your faith - to the people of Walton County - to the visitors that spend a lot of money to come to the beach - and the business owners who will suffer when this law impacts tourism and sales.

All that couldn't be said in the "SUNSHINE" last night? It had to wait for after the meeting in "outside conversation"? Why? Because its not polite politics to call a spade a spade in public?

Huckabee is not a local and never will be. He is an outsider who came here intent on bending all the rules the rest of us have played by since ancient times. He used his political career as leverage against real local people who have put their own blood, sweat, tears and livelihood on the line, only to have to defend themselves against a political powerhouse who we can't name in polite political circles. Really?

Hmmm, maybe that's why I don't get invited to the rich and famous political parties in Sowal hosted by Huckabee. My mouth has no filters and unlike you sir, I'm not intimidated by the thought of being removed or carted off to jail for standing up for what I believe. Dirty politics thrive where people draw lines in the sand, bury their heads in it or only talk about it in shady, dimly lit backrooms away from an unsuspecting public who ultimately foots the bill for the "cause".

Its just my opinion that if one really wanted to throw themselves on the proverbial sword to make a statement, another PRIME opportunity was lost last night because someone wants to be part of the politically elite but isn't willing to name names publicly.

Evil triumphs when good people do nothing....and the dirty politics continue unabated.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
You are right - they talked about dirty politics but would not say in the open session..

but i always knew Huckabee was behind it and suspected Scott but now to learn it was Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

But they wanted us to get the word out.

Huckabee should not even be on Fox News anymore as a result of what he did here in South Walton.

Shame on him - he brings a bad name to Christians, Republicans, and the beach front owners.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
You are right - they talked about dirty politics but would not say in the open session..

but i always knew Huckabee was behind it and suspected Scott but now to learn it was Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran.

But they wanted us to get the word out.

Huckabee should not even be on Fox News anymore as a result of what he did here in South Walton.

Shame on him - he brings a bad name to Christians, Republicans, and the beach front owners.

Huckabee makes me ever so thankful I'm not Christian. He personifies everything I abhor about religion and so does his daughter. If Huckabee really knew anything about the bible or had a clear understanding of it, he would know Ephesians talks about pitting neighbor against neighbor.

This isn't a party issue either.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
I have a quote for Mr. Huckabee -(ie Fact or Fiction)

Luke 12:2

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known."

Teresa - don't judge the one who died for our all of our sins by men such as these.