• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
From Walton TDC:

June Bed Tax numbers were up an impressive 17.7% over 2017. The approximate TDT (Tourist Development Tax) collection for June was $5,421,242, which is an $817,073 increase over the previous year.

The Tourist Development tax, or bed tax, is a four percent tax collected on hotels, condos and other short-term rentals. It is the best way to gauge visitation and demand trends in South Walton. The revenue supports tourism marketing and beach operations including cleaning and maintaining beaches, lifeguards, destination improvements and preservation initiatives.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Let's wait for the numbers next year!
I know Beach Vendor Mafia has 100’s of families vowing TO NEVER SET FOOT IN WALTON COUNTY again...numbers will double or triple next year..Mafia Demanding $$ for beach sand sitting is driving families away....Word is Spreading fast..

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
I've heard a lot of businesses are down 20 percent for year. Wonder If bed tax is up because of new collections or some other factor.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I've heard a lot of businesses are down 20 percent for year. Wonder If bed tax is up because of new collections or some other factor.
I think it might be because the visitors that are here are coming from farther away and might not have realized the cost of vacationing on "The A" but had to come because they saw it in a video. Once they paid for gas and the house they didnt have alot left for dining out etc. Someone I know that works at SRB Goodwill say they get requests for 30A shirts all the time.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
More high-dollar properties will do it too. Also...Miramar Beach / Sandestin are not waging the CU war that 30A is. Neither are the St Joe properties or Seaside. Right there are your top five bed tax collectors. Add in a couple of your large property management companies that specialize in gulf-front and there you have it. All of those properties' guests are going to keep coming. It's the rest of us that live here that are over a barrel.

Last edited:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
St Joe sold their rentals to 360 Blue now they have about 550 properties. St Joe's still has the pearl and watercolor inn.

I'm curious who the major players are besides Seaside and Sandestin.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
St Joe sold their rentals to 360 Blue now they have about 550 properties. St Joe's still has the pearl and watercolor inn.

I'm curious who the major players are besides Seaside and Sandestin.
A very large hotel and a company with offices all up and down the Emerald Coast. At least four years ago that was who it was.
You probably know more now than I do. Been a while since I worked in the hellhole. Thankfully!!