• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Where are the PUBLIC beach access being shutdown? PUBLIC beach access are owned by the county so I really do not see any signs of private owners taking a PUBLIC access and called it private.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Can someone explain where this idea comes from? I really don't understand how they(becahfront owners) have come to this conclusion.
Not sure but I think the contrived logic is that they pay higher taxes than non gulf front owners.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
When I first moved here in the early 90's . My favorite beach access was next to stallworth lake. The last time there seen 4x4 post and ropes on beach. You would think before buying the property , that people used the beach and they where not the first to discover it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Where are the PUBLIC beach access being shutdown? PUBLIC beach access are owned by the county so I really do not see any signs of private owners taking a PUBLIC access and called it private.
That’s what is happening at Headland access across from Whiskey Bravo and at Beachside Drive Access near Eastern Lake. It’s probably happening at more accesses I don’t know about. These are right of ways that the county should have recorded and owners are filing quiet title to get them abandoned. The county has been slow to defend them.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
Well what do you have to say now "fact or fiction"?

Huckabee has been exposed

Trader of the people

defender of the elite

Taker of the beach by quiet title for $100

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Public accesses are being shut down through quiet title. And the county has not stepped up to challenge them. My question is have these quiet title proceedings been advertised correctly and the affected neighbors been notified correctly?
Public accesses are being shut down through quiet title. And the county has not stepped up to challenge them. My question is have these quiet title proceedings been advertised correctly and the affected neighbors been notified correctly?
Where has this happened?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I just posted, above, the two locations I am aware of : Headland Access across from Whiskey Bravo, and Beachside Drive Access, just west of Sugar Dunes Condominium. There may be others I'm not aware of.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
What I want to know is where the MILES of public beaches he mentioned are. All I know about are Grayton Beach, small swaths of beach at the regional beach accesses, very small easements at the neighborhood beach accesses, and the three state parks. That doesn't equal miles.