• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
National politics goes in the lounge only. I doubt you'll last long here anyway with your rantings.
You're probably right. But my observations are that you and others would love for local politics to take a hard turn to the left. Now you can demand that I be banned.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
You're probably right. But my observations are that you and others would love for local politics to take a hard turn to the left. Now you can demand that I be banned.

Walton County voted Huckabee for cripes sake. You can't get more conservative than Walton County. And not likely to change in our lifetimes. So what? What does left or right have to do with local politics? :blink:

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
Walton County voted Huckabee for cripes sake. You can't get more conservative than Walton County. And not likely to change in our lifetimes. So what? What does left or right have to do with local politics? :blink:
What does local government have to do with left or right? Government is elected officials who are politicians. In the panhandle the elected officials are mostly conservatives (right). And sometimes you can't separate national politics from local and state politics. Some issues, particularly those with constitutional questions that need to be resolved must be decided in state and Federal courts and judges. That's all part of politics and government.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
What does local government have to do with left or right? Government is elected officials who are politicians. In the panhandle the elected officials are mostly conservatives (right). And sometimes you can't separate national politics from local and state politics. Some issues, particularly those with constitutional questions that need to be resolved must be decided in state and Federal courts and judges. That's all part of politics and government.
Can you give us a specific example where the affiliation or political leaning of a Walton County elected official matters in regards to a local issue?

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
Can you give us a specific example where the affiliation or political leaning of a Walton County elected official matters in regards to a local issue?
You tell me. You're the one who wants to "turn the tide" with county officials that think like you do. You implied that I was bring national politics into the discussion by my mentioning the names of two left wing extremists from other states. I was only suggesting that you and some others want county officials who think like the idiots that I mentioned.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
You tell me. You're the one who wants to "turn the tide" with county officials that think like you do. You implied that I was bring national politics into the discussion by my mentioning the names of two left wing extremists from other states. I was only suggesting that you and some others want county officials who think like the idiots that I mentioned.
:nuts:

Local businesses and politicians have no spine. They are gobbling from the tourist trough. It is going to be up to locals to show the spine and make business and politicians follow. Replace the politicians and shame local businesses to put our quality of life and conservation of resources first.

Once the tide is turned they will see that these actions are actually good for business.

Yes they should respect our environment and quality of life. Which do you have a problem with?

Status
Not open for further replies.