• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Had out of town guests who wanted to eat there today and IMHO this wouldn’t be worth it at half the price. The format and the food both suck. If those were fresh vegetables they were cooked to the consistency of canned goods. Will never step foot in this establishment again.
I never would’ve stepped foot in there in the first place. The name of this establishment alone makes me gag and did so before the scandal. I would’ve given my friends directions and called an Uber for them! You’re a better person than me!

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I never would’ve stepped foot in there in the first place. The name of this establishment alone makes me gag and did so before the scandal. I would’ve given my friends directions and called an Uber for them! You’re a better person than me!
The food at Paula Deen’s makes Old Time Buffet look like a white tablecloth candle lit fine dining establishment.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Paula Deen restaurants in Panama City Beach and Destin close

BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - The Paula Deen's Family Kitchens in our area have closed their doors.

A representative from Destin Commons tells us four locations opened by Phoenix Hospitality + Entertainment all closed Monday. Those include the restaurants in Destin and in Panama City Beach.

"We were disappointed to learn that Phoenix Hospitality + Entertainment permanently closed all four of its Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen restaurants Monday, November 11th. Retail space at Destin Commons continues to be in high demand and we look forward to introducing a new concept soon," Heather Ruiz with Destin Commons told us in a statement.

Employees tell us they showed up to work at the Pier Park location and started their prep work, only to find out the doors weren't opening. They tell us they were not warned Monday would be their last day.

"I have no clue where I'll go from here," Tiffany Wainwright, an employee of the Pier Park location, said. "I have bills, kids, you know we are all worried about that. What will we do? Where will we go? How will we pay our bills? Christmas is right around the corner, Thanksgiving is, and again we are still dealing with the effects from Hurricane Michael. We didn't deserve what happened to us [Monday]."

Paula Deen was in Panama City Beach in May when the Pier Park restaurant held its grand opening.

Jaret Keller, a representative for Paula Deen Ventures, sent us this statement Monday night:
"Unfortunately, Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen’s licensing partner, Phoenix Hospitality, has decided to close its Destin and Panama City Beach, Florida locations. Paula Deen Ventures plans to work with the landlords at these locations while considering to reopen them next Spring. The possible restructuring of the businesses would provide our guests with exceptional dining experience that lives up to our brand standards. Our sincere thanks to the community and our wonderful employees for their support and loyalty."

Paula Deen restaurants in Panama City Beach and Destin close

Sweet Pot Pie

Beach Comber
Aug 26, 2013
I am sure Paula Deen just didn't get the message and alert the fine people that work for her organization. Right...

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I'm kind of like my dad. He says that when he eats out he wants something special, not home cooking. If I want home cooking, I'll stay at home.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
They closed both of their Texas locations in the same manner in late August. I do not know how much she was really involved.

Another Broken Egg opens Monday the 18th in Destin Commons between Zoe's and World of Beer.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I guess it just goes to show that some kinds of businesses just don't work in some markets. Didn't a popular South Walton Restaurant's owner open a restaurant in PC several years ago and it closed almost before it opened?