• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Easy to see you've never made a payroll, "Karen". Hide and wait to die. Most of us are getting back to living.
How is following guidelines by wearing a mask and social distancing hiding and waiting to die?

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
Granted it’s been about ten or twelve years since I was last super active on this site, but I don’t recall members being so vitriolic with each other and all the name calling in threads. Is this a new thing?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Granted it’s been about ten or twelve years since I was last super active on this site, but I don’t recall members being so vitriolic with each other and all the name calling in threads. Is this a new thing?
A lot has changed in the world in the last decade. Plus People under stress. Newbies who don't understand netiquette or that this site is nicer than Facebook. Trump fans.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Its sad but its is also the way alot of people now living in the area are. They brought their rudeness and disregard for others with them.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It's overpopulation. Period. On the Earth and in SoWal. My beliefs about God fluxuate like the tide, but there is a theory, however far-fetched, that the Whole Earth is a being, and if this being was feeling so severely threatened by a "virus" who goes by the name of "human beings", that Whole Earth being ( I believe they call it Gaia, or something like that) would produce an anti-body that would look and act a whole lot like Covid-19. It kills a lot of people, and it stops mass pollution in dramatic ways. Maybe it's the Whole Earth telling us something.

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Easy to see you've never made a payroll, "Karen". Hide and wait to die. Most of us are getting back to living.

The typical child navigates the world better than you do.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Kind of normal for an election year but a pandemic on top of it has been very challenging for some to engage in a thoughtful way. I think most of us want to be kind though. We are all in this together.

Hagendog

Beach Comber
May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
First post in a long time (been so long i couldn't recover my username\password). No problem. Not sure this info goes here, but i thought i would share it and see if anyone has ran across this.

Friends of friends rented a place in the commercial district of Seaside starting this weekend. One of those condos above the retail stores as i am told. They found out that they can't get their armband beach passes until next Friday when the commercial district actually re-opens. Supposedly the family has called up the chain to the Town Council and still can't get satisfaction.

Anyone heard anything like this or am i possibly hearing the story wrong (third hand at least)? I may be hearing things completely wrong, but this is what i know.

BTW, love the 30A area and have been coming since 2002 every year. Spent many years in Seaside and have moved on to other areas along 30A to explore. I frequent this site often for info and to get a re-fresher of the beautiful area some of y'all call home. Or second home.