• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 14

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update: Today, Walton County has 40 more positives for a total of 622.

Please note: With the increase in COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health in Walton County will be suspending MUNICIPALITY/County area reporting. We will still be reporting total countywide positives.

To see COVID-19 cases by zip code, please refer to the Florida DOH Dashboard: Experience

FB_IMG_1594753462392.jpg

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Experience

Walton County
Total Positive: 654
New cases since yesterday: 40

Total Deaths: 10
New deaths since yesterday: 0

Healthcare for cases:
- Admitted to ER: 74 (12%)
- Admitted to Hospital (in-patient): 40 (7%)
- Died: 10 (1.60%)
Deaths in long-term care facilities: 9
Deaths in state prisons 0

Positive by Test Type:
Antibody: 32
Molecular: 622

Florida does not publish testing, case, death or healthcare/condition data for people in county/local jails or migrant communities. DOH also does not publish cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level. To see what data is available, click here.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
America’s COVID warning system

Walton County, FL
Walton County is either actively experiencing an outbreak or is at extreme risk. COVID cases are exponentially growing and/or Walton County’s COVID preparedness is dangerously below international standards.
We have made improvements to how we calculate the infection rate. This change may affect the overall Risk Level. Learn more.
Critical Covid Risk Level
Infection rate 1.52%
Active cases are exponentially increasing
Critical Positive test rate 26.8% Indicates dangerously little testing

Critical ICU headroom used 33%

On average, each person in Walton County, Florida with COVID is infecting 1.52 other people. As such, the total number of current cases in Walton County, Florida is exploding, putting the hospital system at risk. Aggressive action urgently needed.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
So.... if I digest all the data, in Walton County (discounting the nine deaths in the long-care facility in DeFuniak Springs) there has been ONE DEATH in Walton County attributed to COVID since the onset of the pandemic....?

And about 94% that test positive for COVID do not require hospitalization??

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Two-thirds of my household has COVID...one positive test, one with symptoms 3 days after testing negative. I’ve been sharing the same space with them since July 6th yet, for reasons unknown, I’m still fine. COVID is an odd one... Symptoms: fever below 100, body aches...but mostly sinus pressure and 3-4 days of headaches....so far. No smell taste after Day 4, and still absent at Day 10. No real respiratory stuff thankfully. Trust me, we are locked down in my house for your safety. And we have been wearing masks and will continue to do so post-quarantine for your safety. You’re welcome; we should all think of each other’s health.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Two-thirds of my household has COVID...one positive test, one with symptoms 3 days after testing negative. I’ve been sharing the same space with them since July 6th yet, for reasons unknown, I’m still fine. COVID is an odd one... Symptoms: fever below 100, body aches...but mostly sinus pressure and 3-4 days of headaches....so far. No smell taste after Day 4, and still absent at Day 10. No real respiratory stuff thankfully. Trust me, we are locked down in my house for your safety. And we have been wearing masks and will continue to do so post-quarantine for your safety. You’re welcome; we should all think of each other’s health.
Oh no! Thanks for sharing.

My nephew recently tested positive. His symptoms started out achy and very tired then he felt fine within a few days. He's in quarantine. His family has been tested and all are clear for how. He's a young man out there working and doing the usual things so his exposure was pretty high. Thankful he's doing well. Most people do well but I've heard of some who say they feel extremely sick.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Sounds like my daughter's house. Their taste issues lasted a few weeks. They all got it from a college aged granddaughter who wasn't practicing good social distancing.

Oh great

Beach Comber
Apr 25, 2020
Grayton beach
I have also quarantined. Im 8 days in now. First signs were major hot flashes and chills but no fever. Still have not gone over 98*. Lost taste and smell 5 days in but never had any nasal congestion. Had bad eye pressure at first to the point it was flashing pain to look sideways. Also really bad back pain behind my lungs and neck pain the first couple days. Woke up with hives all over on the fourth day which was a fun addition to trying to sleep. Basically the equivalent of sleeping with fleas while having hot flashes. Never had any respiratory issues but have had a tickle in my throat a couple days now. This is the first day I've been able to do any walking around the house for more than 20mis without having to lay down. Its no joke! And all these yahoos common down here not wearing their masks are just gonna take it home with them. I'd expect restaurants to be carryout only again by August here at this rate.