• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Fast Guys

Beach Comber
May 15, 2013
So..... I backed off a bit after some of the thing's I've heard. I still believe that it's going to be a semi-private road-racing track. It will not be a NASCAR Super-Speedway, like Kentucky or Talledaga.

Yes, the problem with Kentucky was it was a 2 mile NASCAR track which means even with full spectator capacity, you are only looking at 70K. That doesn't require any additional investment from the county for roads. We are already doing that.
This post is not what I was trying to say. Kentucky can support somewhere around 200K. They only do it for 2 weekends per year, but they do it. This new track will field 100 people for 45 weeks out of the year. It's a totally different model.

Steve Denton

Beach Crab
Mar 15, 2021
Santa Rosa Bewch
So..... I backed off a bit after some of the thing's I've heard. I still believe that it's going to be a semi-private road-racing track. It will not be a NASCAR Super-Speedway, like Kentucky or Talledaga.

Yes, the problem with Kentucky was it was a 2 mile NASCAR track which means even with full spectator capacity, you are only looking at 70K. That doesn't require any additional investment from the county for roads. We are already doing that.
Whatever happened to the road track for the areas?

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Money shifted to SOWAL Beach Vendor Mafia.. to clutter the Most Beautiful UMBRELLA BEACHES
This makes no sense. We are collecting fees from beach vendors like it or not. I suggest a day off on the beach looking at the gulf and not vendors.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This makes no sense. We are collecting fees from beach vendors like it or not. I suggest a day off on the beach looking at the gulf and not vendors.

Someone's got their panties in a bunch about owning a moving boundary.