• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Some owners have been looking for a comprehensive, printable visitors guide to post in their rentals (Regulations, advice, dining, useful numbers, etc.) I'm making a PDF that you're free to download and print out. The version here is formatted and ready to print, put together from many resources including PAULA'S EXCELLENT REGULATIONS GUIDE, county info and the forum itself. Please, send me any corrections or additions that need to be made.

PLEASE NOTE:
I have left blank spaces on the cover page for you to write a handwritten "welcome" note, attach a photo, or however you'd like to personalize your guide. Also note some blank spaces in the Emergency section for you to fill in your house's phone number, address and directions (to relay to emergency workers.)

This is a work in progress, feel free to submit changes and additions.

Last edited by a moderator:

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
WOW, Thank You, Katie Blue! I have done my own special info for renters, but this explains currents, flags, etc. GREAT JOB!! THANK YOU!!!:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Katie Blue you rock!!!!! You say this is rough but it looks good to me. I am going to send it to my next 3-4 renters for the weekends in Sept that we have booked and the one in October too.

If you enhance it, send that version too so I can use it too. Awesome stuff. Well done. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Katie, you are a darling!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

You've done such a professional job with the Visitor Guide! That would look fantastic in a welcome book for people. I could make up a nice three-ring binder with a good cover page and pop in your pages. Voila! Happy and well informed vacationers. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Katie Blue:

Fantastic! This is going to be very helpful to a lot of people. It could save a few lives, help people avoid bites and stings (and treat them if necessary), and show people we care. A few comments:

With the stay off the sand dune comment, it helps to say the word "because" because for some reason people are more likely to comply if they hear or read the word "because" (there are experiments on this). So, could add "because they need to be strong to protect our area from hurricane damage, they harbor endangered species..."

Add "please call before going to these restaurants to be sure they are open" (sometimes they go out of business).

Fantastic resource!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:clap_1:

Nena's is closed.
Pizza Hut is closed.
Organically Yours is closed but For The Health Of It has a juice and smoothy bar and organic foods.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Thanks for the feedback. I need to add grocery stores & convenience/gas stations too. Also chair & kayak rentals, boat launch areas, and public beach accesses.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Internet Access (Web 30A) in Seagrove would be worth mentioning (about $5.00 1/2 hour and they can hook up your laptop for dial-in for about $20). It has worked excellent for me. The coffee shop (can't remember the name) is supposed to be good for Internet access (and it's a great coffee shop -- nice ambiance and very fine food/coffee), but when I was there in August I had a very inconsistent time getting online (it kept "crashing") so it's not yet dependable if someone really has to access email or the web.

Again, it's great you're doing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.