• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
JOe, am I correct in saying that it costs $8 to purchase a library card if you're a visitor, and free if you own property in Walton County? I know I read something about the library, but I haven't been there yet to check it out.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Thanks to your feedback, the Visitors Guide is now twice as big, incorporating all of the feedback submitted so far. It's gone from 5 to 10 pages. This version has blank spaces on the cover page for personalizing the guide with a handwritten note or photo. Also be sure to fill in the emergency info for your individual property on the last page.

See the top post in this section for link to the latest and greatest PDF version.

Enjoy!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Way to go KB...you'll go down in history! Many thanks to you, Paula and all the good editors! We are lucky and our visitors well be lucky and informed!!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Thanks, Sueshore. It was something I'd been putting off doing for years, finally got around to it. I'm just glad to be able to share it via this forum.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
JOe, am I correct in saying that it costs $8 to purchase a library card if you're a visitor, and free if you own property in Walton County? I know I read something about the library, but I haven't been there yet to check it out.

Mermaid, you are on top of things. :clap_1: You are correct. The $8 is for a lifetime library card, which allows you to check out books, DVDs, VHS tapes, and books on tape and CDs. To use the computers at the library, there is no charge, but they will make you sign a disclaimer.
Here are the hours of operation and numbers for the branch in SoWal (be sure to check out all items 15 minutes prior to closing time. Closing time is really when the doors are locked and all employees and volunteers leave):
Coastal Branch Library
clear.gif
437 Greenway Trail

Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Phone Numbers:

Phone:

850-267-2809

Fax:

850-267-9452

Hours:

Monday

10:00 to 6:00

Tuesday - Saturday

9:00 to 5:00

Sunday

Closed

Here is the link to browse the card catelog for the SoWal branch.

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Sueshore said:
Way to go KB...you'll go down in history! Many thanks to you, Paula and all the good editors! We are lucky and our visitors well be lucky and informed!!

Thanks, Sueshore. It takes a village to create a great visitor's guide! Thanks Katie Blue for making the guide very special and complete!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Looks great Katie Blue and others involved.

-You guys may want to include movie theatres at Destin Commons, also movie rental places in SoWal?

-Dog Care - The times when dogs are allowed on the beach vary. During daylight savings the times when dogs are allowed are between 6p-8a, as you stated. When we go off Daylight Savings Time, the hours when permitted, leashed dogs are allowed on the beach are between 3p-9a.

-Seat Turtle info- include that people should fill in any holes dug on the beach to keep the paths open to the water for any hatching turtles running from the nest.

-Bonfires - you can no longer dig the pits. You apply for a permit, and the County issues you a steel fire bin for your fire.

Last edited:

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Drat! That should and will be there, but probably not tonight. My shoulders are killing me, this thing took 6 hours of internet sleuthing and formatting and editing. Joe, just PM me anything else you want in there.

yup, library hours are in there.

Im grumpy right now. my "workstation" is going to kill me yet.

Last edited:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Katie blue, you might be grumpy, but we sure are happy!

I think it would be a great idea to include movie info. When we were down to the beach in July with four teenagers, they were having movie withdrawals by the end of the week. They took off for PCB in search of the Regal theatre, drove for hours and never did find it. (BTW, it's on 23rd St; left turn at the college from the main road; right turn onto 23rd--as if you're going to the Lowes and Home Depot--don't ask me why I know this...!)

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
katie blue said:
Drat! That should and will be there, but probably not tonight. My shoulders are killing me, this thing took 6 hours of internet sleuthing and formatting and editing. Joe, just PM me anything else you want in there.

yup, library hours are in there.

Im grumpy right now. my "workstation" is going to kill me yet.

This is so awesome! Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together. :clap_1:

Another thing that I have in my current info packet is local fitness centers and the massage places. I've attached the file with this info in case you care to use it.

I also have a page on nearby golf courses; if you'd like I can send you what I have here as well.

Thanks again! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Status
Not open for further replies.