• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
dgjohn said:
Definitely Annies, they have the best sweet tea and hushpuppies and green beans. :

I had some regular iced tea yesterday...bleech! I started dreaming of a huge roadie cup of sweet tea from Seagrove V.M.!!!! MMM MMM GOOD!!

Coming from the west...we choose to eat the dreaded ff. Usually a sausage biscuit at that golden arch place in Shreveport consumed at high rates of speed. We have stopped at a 50's style diner outside of Mobile....but usually are too excited to be so close to SoWal to stop. Our first meal when we arrive is always goodies from Mod's....shrimp salad and cole slaw being favorites! Just 3 (maybe 4 because Molly got sick yesterday and a closing for my moneymaker) days until we land in SoWal!! WooHoo!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
I had some regular iced tea yesterday...bleech! I started dreaming of a huge roadie cup of sweet tea from Seagrove V.M.!!!! MMM MMM GOOD!!

Coming from the west...we choose to eat the dreaded ff. Usually a sausage biscuit at that golden arch place in Shreveport consumed at high rates of speed. We have stopped at a 50's style diner outside of Mobile....but usually are too excited to be so close to SoWal to stop. Our first meal when we arrive is always goodies from Mod's....shrimp salad and cole slaw being favorites! Just 3 (maybe 4 because Molly got sick yesterday and a closing for my moneymaker) days until we land in SoWal!! WooHoo!

Are you packed? And what's wrong with Molly? :sosad:

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
From the beach- Twix and Tween BBQ in Centreville, Al. Only 30 minutes from destination but worth it!!

To the beach- Chappy's Deli, Montgomery, Al. It's really not even that great but I love it for some reason. They have great sweet tea, too.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Are you packed? And what's wrong with Molly? :sosad:

Not packed...it was great last year...I literally just grabbed a bunch of hanging stuff and threw it in the back of the car! Drove my husband loony! This year w/Molly it is almost like traveling w/babies! Crate, bed, towels, toys, food, treats, water, leashes...I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for asking about my sweetie, Molly. My baby got a case of gastritis...they think "garbage gut"....even as much as I watch her, her mouth is always into something outside! Coming out both ends and she was freaked out! Rushed her to the vet...IV fluids, X-rays, medicine (pecid and flagyl) and special food...$324.00 dollars later (I would have paid even more just to hear those words..."she should be just fine!") She is back in good form today. That is so stressful...I was a wreck! We were supposed to go in for check up and final rabies today, but had to cancel. Need that last one so we can get more jewelry....a Walton Co. Beach Tag!!!!! Yes, I am a crazy in love pet owner and I am proud of it!!!! No clothing though and no designer collars or leashes.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Oh, glad to hear Molly is well, Sueshore. I had a Mollie too, until recently, and was just as doting and devoted. It *was* a big deal to get that Walton county tag...it just feels good to be able to give a dog a life that includes romps on the beach. What kind of puppy is she again? My dog Bailey is very friendly and loves to play, so maybe they'll get to romp together some in ...october! ;-)

OK, I know this sounds crazy but there's a great BBQ place in the Memphis airport we always stop at when we fly down on NWA. Sure there are better BBQ's ..... but not in an airport.

We we drive down we always ovenight in Nashville and head out to the honky tonks on lower Broadway. Forget the food, I'm interested in the waterring holes. After a long drive nothing beats a cold beer and the twang of an old Tele and Pedal Steel. You just don't get that living in Chicago.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Anyone have any recommendations for the Atl/Columbus/Eufaula/Dothan route?

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Shutters said:
OK, I know this sounds crazy but there's a great BBQ place in the Memphis airport ......

Not crazy at all! We always get that with stopovers in Memphis. We call it "Memphis" BBQ.

Is it N. Carolina that is known for putting a dollop of slaw on their BBQ sandwiches? Yum. Of course that's not on the way to the beach (for most anyway), but just wondering.

Sueshore, Glad Molly is OK. I had to miss a trip to beach once to stay home with our dog who was doing the same sorta thing. Glad Molly got over it quickly!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sueshore said:
Not packed...it was great last year...I literally just grabbed a bunch of hanging stuff and threw it in the back of the car! Drove my husband loony! This year w/Molly it is almost like traveling w/babies! Crate, bed, towels, toys, food, treats, water, leashes...I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for asking about my sweetie, Molly. My baby got a case of gastritis...they think "garbage gut"....even as much as I watch her, her mouth is always into something outside! Coming out both ends and she was freaked out! Rushed her to the vet...IV fluids, X-rays, medicine (pecid and flagyl) and special food...$324.00 dollars later (I would have paid even more just to hear those words..."she should be just fine!") She is back in good form today. That is so stressful...I was a wreck! We were supposed to go in for check up and final rabies today, but had to cancel. Need that last one so we can get more jewelry....a Walton Co. Beach Tag!!!!! Yes, I am a crazy in love pet owner and I am proud of it!!!! No clothing though and no designer collars or leashes.

Glad to hear it SS! We also own no doggie clothing or "stuff". We do have several frogs stashed away in case Guiness loses his favorite! The box arrived yesterday. We will have at least one with us in Oct. Just in case!!!

Bailey, the cute pettie sister sounds like Molly. We had, shall we say an incident the day we returned from SoWal weekkk before last. It was too disgusting to post! Thought I had this tiny girly girl. I thought wrong. Squirrels in my yard, beware! Yuck!

Have a safe trip. Yes, you're correct, almost like traveling with babies.