• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Your "joyride" may be sociable and even....

Just to share a bit of insight, I keep my personal LSV at my house and use it regularly around defuniak springs and i take it with me when i come stay on the beach. Aside from being great for joyriding, and scooting through the backroads, with an open air cart. It encourages freindly greetings everywhere you go, a smile and a wave to and from almost every passerby and makes it so much easier to stop for a chat with neighbors and freinds, and i try my best to zip down the roads where i hold up traffic or pull over and let them pass, and encourage this behavior with my renters as well, I consider it a very "social" vehicle, I love having the opportunity to stop and chat with freinds and strangers alike, this behavior is rare in a car or truck, a freindly wave is about the most you'll get, for some reason people feel awkward chatting with someone in a car, like they need to be somewhere. These vehicles encourage freindly encounters and casual greetings and being a very sociable person i truly enjoy going for a joyride when i'm not busy to go see who i'll run into.

.... responsible but it's the kids with parents who are not paying enough attention whose "joyride" on a golf cart (souped up or otherwise.. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck... ) will result in "running into" or even worse being "run into".

In the end, it's just not responsible for these vehicles to be on the roads and especially 30-A.

DON'T BUILD THE GOLFER PATH!!!!

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
There will be things a pro golf cart person and anti golf cart person can agree on. There will be things they will never agree on. But I think we can all agree the tendency to stop and talk when driving golf carts is not a characteristic of the vehicles that makes them more feasible on 30A.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
That is one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard. Should we put a sofa in the road so we can chat better? Should we allow riding lawnmowers, pool floats, and horses on the road to encourage conversation?

I don't need to put people's lives in danger or screw up the traffic flow to be neighborly and talk to people.

Are you kidding me, one of the stupidest arguments????? with all the WHAT IF theories and the conspiracy theories that i see on here and my argument of promoting a freindly environment in and around 30A is absurd. Unreal, 30A is a tourist destination, tourists aren't coming here to pass through, they are coming there to set up camp for a week or so and lolly gag around and enjoy a peaceful, relaxing, freindly environment.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Are you kidding me, one of the stupidest arguments????? with all the WHAT IF theories and the conspiracy theories that i see on here and my argument of promoting a freindly environment in and around 30A is absurd. Unreal, 30A is a tourist destination, tourists aren't coming here to pass through, they are coming there to set up camp for a week or so and lolly gag around and enjoy a peaceful, relaxing, freindly environment.

But Dean, tourists came here long before your company set up shop and will be coming here long after you are gone. Do you think they are coming here just so they can rent a buggy? Um, no...

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
I agree there are areas of 30A that LSV's should be prohibited from(But the golf cart path proposed is a good compromise), perfect example is the stretch between the grayton caution light and blue mountain, and a couple of more stretches are questionable, but overall, most of 30A is riddled with both tourists and locals, walking, biking, jogging. If you want to worry about real safety, quit complaining about golf carts in these highly congested areas and just slow down, thats safer for everyone. I disagree that 30A is a rural highway, anyone who is in a hurry should make their way to hwy 98, you can get to it within a matter of minutes from anywhere on 30A.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I drive slower in crowded areas for added safety. Seaside I usually go between 10-15 mph. That is sensible.

Promoting the use of golf carts that will not protect people in a crash, spending millions to create a network of golf cart paths, and causing traffic problems is stupid.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

A brilliant merging of the tents and crap on the beach outrage with the golf cart debate!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yeah, I'm getting tired of the LSV's running over my tents, bending up my beach chairs, and digging out the lake outfalls. Why don't they stay on the bike path where they belong!!!:blink:

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
But Dean, tourists came here long before your company set up shop and will be coming here long after you are gone. Do you think they are coming here just so they can rent a buggy? Um, no...

no people don't come here just to rent a cart, but they love the fact that they can come here and rent a cart. I've had customers call to book a cart for watersound, when i told them it was prohibited by watersound and i couldn't rent to them, they called me back the next day after cancelling their reservation in watersound and rebooked a home in watercolor so they could have the convenience of a cart.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
The Sheriffs department should enforce current laws ! If the carts and buggies are not street legal the law should fine the hell out of them. If they are street legal and operated by a licensed person then leave them alone. If you are in such a big rush get on Hwy 98, otherwise slow down and enjoy the scenery.