• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
There's an old saying my mother used to say: I won't drive my car on your golf course, and you keep your golf cart off my road!

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
I'm sure greater Defuniak wouldn't mind as that certainly wouldn't interrupt the traditional character of Defuniak, would it? QUOTE]

Actually all of our carts are being rented out around the lake in Defuniak Springs for the Christmas Reflections Lights for the next couple of weeks, Christmas Reflections Comittee loved the idea and city hall approved a permit almost immediatly. They feel it adds to the appeal and character.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
There's an old saying my mother used to say: I won't drive my car on your golf course, and you keep your golf cart off my road!

I agree completely!!! golf carts have no business on any road.
Without the proper upgrades to classify them as a street legal LSV they are very dangerous.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I'm sure greater Defuniak wouldn't mind as that certainly wouldn't interrupt the traditional character of Defuniak, would it? QUOTE]

Actually all of our carts are being rented out around the lake in Defuniak Springs for the Christmas Reflections Lights for the next couple of weeks, Christmas Reflections Comittee loved the idea and city hall approved a permit almost immediatly. They feel it adds to the appeal and character.

:rotfl::lol::rotfl::lol::rotfl::lol::rotfl::lol::rotfl:

So what you are trying to say is...

the success of your business model relies on the cooperation of local government; and you have no trouble getting that cooperation in Defuniak?

I'd like to respond to a couple of statements.

A golf cart with a suped up motor and seat belts is... a golf cart with a suped up motor and seat belts.

30-A is not similar to Old 98. 30-A is 20 miles long. Old 98 is 5 miles long. 30-A has fewer than 5 access roads over 10 miles of its busiest stretch. Old 98 has no fewer than 10 access roads over its 5 mile span. Access roads from 30-A to 98 average about 2 miles. Access roads from Old 98 to 98 are about 1/2 mile long.

The speed limit was lowered to 25 on Old 98 because of density. There will never be density along a road traveling through state park. Don't put the cart before the horse...
:blink:... :funn:

Golf carts shouldn't share the road with heavy trucks. Heavy trucks have to use 30-A. If you banned heavy trucks on 30-A - which you shouldn't do, you couldn't deliver the golf carts; which require heavy trucks to deliver them!
29706.gif

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

You are on the right track with this plan except for the specific lack of buxom babes in bikinis in your carts. And why do you need a permit? Isn't the speed limit around the lake cart friendly?

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
You are on the right track with this plan except for the specific lack of buxom babes in bikinis in your carts. And why do you need a permit? Isn't the speed limit around the lake cart friendly?

Its a special event permit issued by the city, required for vendors inside city limits for special events.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
P.S. The "official name" of carts tends to evolve with how the vendor wants to market them.

In the 1970s... "My friends and I would take the backroads, and drive my dad's golf cart to school."

In the early 2000s... "We don't have to go on any major roads to get to our friends' houses for events. We take our Neighborhood Electric Vehicle."

2012... "Low Speed Vehicles must have a governor to limit their speed to 25mph; and are restricted to roads with a speed limit of 35mph or less."

I feel like there is a lot of money to be made by increasing legal range of the carts by 10mph. I wonder if the NHTSB has data regarding the extra percentage of paved road that is 35mph over 25mph. Intangibly, it brings into play the commercial areas next to residential developments...

IOW, you can drive to the supermarket. But you are still in a plastic car without doors, that runs on batteries, that has no airbags, that is only capable of going 25mph, on a road where people might speed to 50 MPH.

Last edited:

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
Just to share a bit of insight, I keep my personal LSV at my house and use it regularly around defuniak springs and i take it with me when i come stay on the beach. Aside from being great for joyriding, and scooting through the backroads, with an open air cart. It encourages freindly greetings everywhere you go, a smile and a wave to and from almost every passerby and makes it so much easier to stop for a chat with neighbors and freinds, and i try my best to zip down the roads where i hold up traffic or pull over and let them pass, and encourage this behavior with my renters as well, I consider it a very "social" vehicle, I love having the opportunity to stop and chat with freinds and strangers alike, this behavior is rare in a car or truck, a freindly wave is about the most you'll get, for some reason people feel awkward chatting with someone in a car, like they need to be somewhere. These vehicles encourage freindly encounters and casual greetings and being a very sociable person i truly enjoy going for a joyride when i'm not busy to go see who i'll run into.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
What you described sounds like perfectly good behavior in a neighborhood, not on a busy highway. If Defuniak allows them on 90 or 331, it would not be a good idea. The same holds true for 30-A, which is a busy rural highway.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
That is one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard. Should we put a sofa in the road so we can chat better? Should we allow riding lawnmowers, pool floats, and horses on the road to encourage conversation?

I don't need to put people's lives in danger or screw up the traffic flow to be neighborly and talk to people.

Last edited: