• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Wish that bridge was right outside of Seaside or Watercolor. There would be many more people voicing concern.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
You are right, but people have been voicing concern for several months now on this project that has now been going on for six months. I'm most concerned that the same ineptitude will be prevalent on each and every troubled portion of roadway that our county road crew attempts to fix. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you just can't beat these yahoos it terms of pure comedy in road repair. Rant over.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Cindy Meadows...

Many of you are asking when the bridge will be open. Between contractor issues and weather, the project is 2 months behind. Walton County has taken the project back from the contractor and will work very hard to get the bridge open as soon as humanly possible. This is one of the reasons I am against granting every project to the lowest bidder.

Advice from the kitchen table - if you have such a problem with this contractor, don't accept any more bids from them.

I know Dalton Brothers as builders of low-end homes and a few small commercial buildings. Obviously not qualified for heavy projects.