• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
Can anyone suggest someone that can remove wasp nests and the creators of said domiciles from the eves of our residence? As is usually the case with these little buggers, they've nested at the highest reaches of the house and reaching them is beyond my ability and reach.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Have you tried discussing politics, religion or family issues, usually runs them right off after passive aggressive comments run out.

Seriously though, not sure, wait until it's cold and dark and hit 'em with water from a hose?

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
Unfortunately, the water hose like it's owner no longer possess the pressure to reach the necessary heights. But thanks for the suggestion.

JKBeach

Beach Comber
Nov 4, 2012
Seagrove, FL
You can buy bug spray that is made especially for wasp, etc. It sprays a long distance with quite a force. Then you run like the dickens. We had a 2 story house that had some at the highest point. I had to get on a 8 ft step ladder and spray. Quickly climb down while dying wasp were falling around me. Domicile was intact, but the residents were not.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Spray them with bug spray on a cold morning. You'll be safe. Make sure you find the spray that goes 20-25 feet. And get a mask for yourself. Wasps are very docile when they are cold. Just make sure you spray them before the sun reaches their nest.