• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Bob, it is not her opinions posters are against, it is the manner in which she expresses them. poppy and I are guilty of the same thing on many occasions.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sometimes it is difficult to follow the real discussion because of those who argue for the sake of arguing. That always happens with anonymity.

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
When asked about Beach Renourishment, Jim Bagby, Walton County TDC Director said, "Our beach is our biggest industry, it's the thing that draws people down here. What we are doing is basically doubling the size of the industry with the draw that we have here." Whether a franchise or a B&B, there will be many more beds going up along 30A to accommodate the number of tourists that apparently will be doubling.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
When asked about Beach Renourishment, Jim Bagby, Walton County TDC Director said, "Our beach is our biggest industry, it's the thing that draws people down here. What we are doing is basically doubling the size of the industry with the draw that we have here." Whether a franchise or a B&B, there will be many more beds going up along 30A to accommodate the number of tourists that apparently will be doubling.

I doubt he was being literal about the size of the beach doubling the amount of people. Sounds like hyperbole to support the effort.

However I have no doubt he, and many others, would like to double the amount of people visiting. And to do it overnight if they could.

Sooner or later the number of visitors will double and the golden goose will be plucked, roasted and eaten. "Progress" is a ravenous animal.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Bob, it is not her opinions posters are against, it is the manner in which she expresses them. poppy and I are guilty of the same thing on many occasions.

Andy once again you are right on the money. Thanks!

ricky bobby

Banned
Aug 24, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
Sometimes it is difficult to follow the real discussion because of those who argue for the sake of arguing. That always happens with anonymity.

Don't most of the users on this site post with anonymity? My real name isn't Ricky Bobby. It's a name I got in high school that followed me through college. My yankee friends from Miami and Palm Beach county seem to be amused at my southern accent.

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
I just think that Hampton Inn is the beginning of many more to come. I don't want to get off the subject, especially with Beach Renourishment.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach

Why are you dragging me into this? it's true I question things, but at least I don't claim to be better than others and I'm not willing to blindly surrender my future to those with the most wealth. I'm not the one who questions the morality and character of the poor or believe that wealth is acquired in direct proportion to education, virtue and rectitude? That opinion is yours alone. I'm not sure when the poor essentially stopped being human and worthy of respect. As I have stated before, I can remember when poverty was the enemy, not those living in it.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The subject here is the desirability and necessity of a Hampton Inn on or near 30A, not whether a poster misinterprets what I post not on the subject. Any large motel on 30A would be a detriment to the area.