• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prception69

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
Oxford,MS
JB said:
Ole Mrs is, I think, something like 3-20 vs. Alabama since Bryant's death. Not much you can say bro. Ole Mrs is a second-tier program and always will be. Alabama will, at some point, be back. Ole Mrs can't "be back" because they were never there in the first place.

Who's your daddy.

My Daddy is an OLE MISS grad, same as his father before him. Did you go to Bama or are you like 99% of bama fans who never set foot in a classroom at UAT

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
050704grayton248.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
DSCN8553.jpg

I know people on this board are good people and like to help keep the beaches clean and like to pick up other people's trash. But I'll tell ya'll what I see.

This photo was a light day in June. It's worse when they're lined up along the waterfront and you can't get to the water.

I have also dug a lot of tents out of the sand too, along with nails, jagged metal, cigarette butts, soda and beer cans, underwear, condoms, flippers, BBQ grills, you name it.

So much stuff is getting buried in the sand and the lake that in a few years I fear the beach will become uninhabitable because stuff will constantly be coming to the surface (because the sands are constantly moving) - plenty of it dangerous.

I spent 5 hours around the lake at Grayton cleaning up on July 5th. Some other people helped in the morning but after 3 hours we weren't close to being finished. I spent a couple more hours that evening.

You would not believe the type and huge volume of stuff picked up. All of it would have been buried by Cindy. The next day after Cindy, there was lots of new sand and everything looked great. I go out last night and the place was trashed again and I spent another hour cleaning up.

It's very disheartening to get all the trash picked up and look around and see piles of Arlene debris still sitting around - and worse - getting spread out by kids who apparently have no parents.

I used to spend a couple of hours a week cleaning up and keeping up pretty well. Now it would take several people several hours a day - just for this small but popular location.

Believe me - there are lots and lots and lots of people that leave a mess, and then they are replaced on the weekend. You could say we get waves from the South and the North.

Can you tell I need a vacation? :lol:

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
dusty said:
On the tent issue...are those who are against the use of tents ... in favor of driving on the beach? As an off season visitor, I do not see that many tents. Maybe someone can post a picture of how dense they have gotten during the summer season. What I do see in the off season are the drivers on the beach...and I don't understand how you all like having vehicles on the beach. Seems like polution to me.

Whether it's appreciated or not, it's a tradition, and the only way to get a boat in the gulf without going to Destin or Panama City. As long as it's legal people will do it.

When the most you ever saw out there at one time was a dozen, it was OK. Now there are too many. Something will have to change soon. Just think when we have a couple of dozen more subdivisions near Grayton on 30-A and along 98. All those permanent residents will want to drive down to Grayton.

Years ago you could drive the whole beach with no permit required. It was the quickest way to get from Grayton to Seagrove before the bridge on 30-A. Then it was restricted to a few places. Now the size of the area you can drive is shrinking - that caused much more congestion.

There are a couple of threads on the board about beach vehicles, including a poll.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
UAT! I love it!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
prception69 said:
My Daddy is an OLE MISS grad, same as his father before him. Did you go to Bama or are you like 99% of bama fans who never set foot in a classroom at UAT

I am a fourth-generation Alabama graduate, lifelong resident of Tuscaloosa current staffer with the University.

Any more questions, smartass?

Landlocked said:
root suit = men's panties.

RO-

I can't imagine wearing one of those in public. It would feel like those 'naked in public' nightmares we've all had. Kinda vulnerable, you know?

Like they say, never fight naked, unless you're in prison.

LMAO! Great! I just spit water all over the monitor :rotfl:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I, for one, kind of enjoy watching folks trying to assemble the things. Especially on a windy day. And then the wind catches the directions and blows them a mile and a half down the beach. I'm so easily entertained sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.