• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CCOLE

Beach Crab
Jun 24, 2016
Birmingham, Al
New to the forum and have some questions I am hoping members here can help with!

We live near Bham, Al. and we have only visited Gulf Shores/Orange Beach as well as Panama City Beach with our children

My husband and I are thinking of taking a short trip in Sept. (3 days with no children) and are interested in staying in the Santa Rosa, Seagrove or Grayton Beach area. However, again, we have never stayed in or near any these areas.

We would prefer something less crowded but still a few restaurants we can select from. Am I on the right track in selecting locations?

Also, I probably need to google the distance to these locations from Bham, Al. of course the closer the better....

Any advice on where to stay and vacation rental accommodations for 2 people would be much appreciated!

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
30a is a short 4 hr drive from bham if you drive without stopping and traffic is smooth. there are plenty of good rentals on vrbo in a wide range of prices in the locations you mention. search beaches of south Walton. just be sure you are a short walking distance to beach. like 100 steps or so. use the map. all are close to restaurants but I think seagrove or Rosemary will offer a tidgen more within walking distance. in the shoulder season of sept it can still be crowded everywhere on weekends IMHO. but still glorious!