• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Use a toothpick at the table.

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
In response to the comment of paying more and receiving worse service in Europe. It has not been my experience at all. Perhaps in the tourist traps of the big cities( Paris, London, Madrid), but in general I found the service to be better. I prefer to have my tip be included in the bill and and my meal to be priced perhaps a little higher so the wait staff can earn a living, decent wage. I wouldn't like my livelihood based on the whim of diners and the skewed ideas of the restaurant lobby. Which are the people who actually maintain this archaic, exploitive system. And yes I have waited tables (right here on 30A and elsewhere), but not one day longer than I had to.

Tupelo Honey

Beach Lover
Nov 4, 2006
here
In response to the comment of paying more and receiving worse service in Europe. It has not been my experience at all. Perhaps in the tourist traps of the big cities( Paris, London, Madrid), but in general I found the service to be better. I prefer to have my tip be included in the bill and and my meal to be priced perhaps a little higher so the wait staff can earn a living, decent wage. I wouldn't like my livelihood based on the whim of diners and the skewed ideas of the restaurant lobby. Which are the people who actually maintain this archaic, exploitive system. And yes I have waited tables (right here on 30A and elsewhere), but not one day longer than I had to.

Well-said.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
#16. Have the dish drastically changed and then complain that it doesn't taste right.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
Dont blow your nose at the table. Im always seeing thee old men get thru with their meals and pull out a reusable snot rag and start honking down. Gross

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Dont blow your nose at the table. Im always seeing thee old men get thru with their meals and pull out a reusable snot rag and start honking down. Gross
ewww... and a first for me last night.. child with nose bleed and the parent asked the server to take away the bloody napkins. Do I look like I want to touch THAT? And then look totally offended when latex gloves were worn back to the table. Do you get offended when you see an EMT or cop put on gloves when possibly having to come in contact with gross fluids?( I mean at least they were kinda flesh colored ones.. not those purple ones,lol)

Last edited:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
ewww... and a first for me last night.. child with nose bleed and the parent asked the server to take away the bloody napkins. Do I look like I want to touch THAT? And then look totally offended when latex gloves were worn back to the table. Do you get offended when you see an EMT or cop put on gloves when possibly having to come in contact with gross fluids?( I mean at least they were kinda flesh colored ones.. not those purple ones,lol)

:shock: inexplicable...