• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Still, even if a sharp downturn in the housing market occurs as some analysts predict, Florida will be less affected by it than other states because of the insulating effect of its high population growth rate, said Dr. Wayne Archer, director of UF?s Center for Real Estate Studies. Despite some people?s worst fears, housing is unlikely to suffer the same fate as tech stocks at the beginning of the decade, he said. ?Unlike tech stocks, housing has a use, which means it can?t just evaporate,? he said

At first glance, I thought it said Director of
UFO Center for Real Estate Studies. :funn:

aliens.gif

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
I have not seen that. I have seen solid deeeeeep pocket buyers that do not play games. They are not loyal to any agent and have a price they will pay or they move on.

The buyers I am referring to in my earlier post fall into this category....deeeeeep pockets!!
No conspiracy theory. No sinister intent. :rotfl:

My point.....just encouraged that they have chosen to invest on 30A...it is positive not only because of their Honest and Open investing....but also because they are Influencers!! :D

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The buyers I am referring to in my earlier post fall into this category....deeeeeep pockets!!
No conspiracy theory. No sinister intent. :rotfl:

My point.....just encouraged that they have chosen to invest on 30A...it is positive not only because of their Honest and Open investing....but also because they are Influencers!! :D

I agree. I have traveled all over recently and see a real down turn everywhere. It is encouraging to see the deep pockets showing faith in 30A. They set the tone for things to come. We have tough times ahead but it has never really been every easy to live off of 30A. I will take my struggles over NY or SF any day. Worse case scenario I can fish and Grandma is only a couple doors down. She has a great garden:D !

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
there's a sense of "entitlement" in terms of goods and services pricing that doesn't help build the community.

My opinion is that you aren't looking at the whole picture, mf, when you make this statement. As a new small business owner, the pricing you see is a reflection of what has happened to the overall local economy - the run up in real estate prices has created an imbalance that everyone is feeling. The prices for goods and services are set, at least for me, at a level they need to be to carry, not just basic overhead costs which here are pricey ($20-$50+/sq.ft. for lease space), but increased insurance prices, labor and material costs. There is no entitlement at all - it is the reality of the economy.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
They once again will have made their money while we are all trying to figure out what the market is doing.....[/quote]

True true!! That's why some of them are making some significant investments along 30A! I am gasping :eek: when I see the $$$$'s some have recently paid....specifically Rosemary Beach & Watercolor....however, it's a FACT ;-) that these are very well to do folks who have made a LOT of money as visionaries, investors, and calculated risk takers. I say bully for them!!
Frankly, it's encouraging to see their bold moves....and to know they believe so strongly in the 30-A real estate.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS :clap_1: Tivoli, I am soooo happy for you!!
I had some good activity today on my property too.....it's encouraging!:D

People that are buying or building homes off of 30 A are well aware of the condition of the market. These are people who have made it and want to enjoy a quality of that they have worked hard for. It is not about investment. We live in very perilous times and our time on Earth is very short indeed. Speaking for myself, I am building in Watersound now because I want to live in this community by the sea....and if insurance rates and taxes and associated costs have gone up, I DON'T CARE. That is the price you pay to live in paradise. I want to live here NOW. One thing that 9/11 brought home to me is the fragility and unpredictability of life. I worked very hard and I have truly been blessed. As all the shrinks advise....LIVE IN THE MOMENT. I want to enjoy whatever time I have left and I am not going to let money stand in the way. As I stated, I have been very fortunate in my life and I want to live out the rest of my days responsibly and in fellowship with my South Walton neighbors.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Bobby, The quoting mishaps may well be my bad....not sure if I am selecting correctly.....sorry if that's the case...at any rate...

Goofer, I couldn't agree with you more!! We too made a big decision to build on 30A and just completed it this year, after dreaming of doing it for a long time! In just 6 short months the memories :love: that have already been made in this special place are priceless. Along with the events of 9/11 and a host of other personal life events we made a decision that was right for our situation, for our family. I am ever so THANKFUL for hanging tight to that dream & and so are our family & friends!! Being a HUGE believer in setting goals, working toward them, and celebrating them.....I am very grateful for our 30-A journey....and for all those who have continually encouraged us, affirmed us, and will hopefully enjoy:D with us for years to come!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
People that are buying or building homes off of 30 A are well aware of the condition of the market. These are people who have made it and want to enjoy a quality of that they have worked hard for. It is not about investment. We live in very perilous times and our time on Earth is very short indeed. Speaking for myself, I am building in Watersound now because I want to live in this community by the sea....and if insurance rates and taxes and associated costs have gone up, I DON'T CARE. That is the price you pay to live in paradise. I want to live here NOW. One thing that 9/11 brought home to me is the fragility and unpredictability of life. I worked very hard and I have truly been blessed. As all the shrinks advise....LIVE IN THE MOMENT. I want to enjoy whatever time I have left and I am not going to let money stand in the way. As I stated, I have been very fortunate in my life and I want to live out the rest of my days responsibly and in fellowship with my South Walton neighbors.

Goofer,
You really are a special person!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I have not seen that. I have seen solid deeeeeep pocket buyers that do not play games. They are not loyal to any agent and have a price they will pay or they move on.

Deeeeeeep Pocket Buyers...................Vultures

Tah-may-toe....................................Tah-mah-toe

monty

Beach Comber
Nov 23, 2005
They once again will have made their money while we are all trying to figure out what the market is doing.....[/quote]

True true!! That's why some of them are making some significant investments along 30A! I am gasping :eek: when I see the $$$$'s some have recently paid....specifically Rosemary Beach & Watercolor....however, it's a FACT ;-) that these are very well to do folks who have made a LOT of money as visionaries, investors, and calculated risk takers. I say bully for them!!
Frankly, it's encouraging to see their bold moves....and to know they believe so strongly in the 30-A real estate.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS :clap_1: Tivoli, I am soooo happy for you!!
I had some good activity today on my property too.....it's encouraging!:D

They must have money to lose!