• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
Hello-It is me again-unfortunatly due to a sickness in the family we are having to postpone our vacation. How is the weather in November and December? Just wondering when we can get our vacation in this year.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I've been to the area during the first two weeks in November the past two years and had gorgeous weather. I'd guess it was in the 70s. Sunny and the monarch butterflies were passing through on their way south both times. I'll be going there again this November for a long weekend. We were in the area for Christmas/New Years two years ago and, again, the weather was very nice (we're from the north) and I'll guess the average temperature was high 60's/low 70's. We got into our bathing suits for the beach most days, but only two people who had wet suits went swimming in the ocean. And the mornings can be cool. I was there one April and half the days were very nice and half were in the 50s. I was there this past february for a week and the weather was half 60's and probably a day or two of low 70s. Hope this helps.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We've done Thanksgiving on 30-A a couple of times and have really enjoyed it. Even if the weather turns a little cool, you are at the BEACH! Also, remember that Seaside has a parade and turns on the tree lights...lots of fun and gets you in the holiday mood! Plus....we ate out and didn't have to clean up...YES!

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
http://graytonbeach.com/weather.html

November and December are becoming more and more popular for vacationers in SoWal. With less activity right around Christmas. The snowbirds have arrived and things are moving slower. Some of the most amazing days happen during these months. It is the time of our brief Fall, with the much-anticipated cold fronts sweeping in. Most days temps are in the 50s & 60s, with quite a few (sometimes a week more or less) of spectacular 70 degree, low humidity, clear-air days. The water temps become too cool for most to enjoy. The Tourist Development Council?s marketing efforts are bringing more and more people to the area in the fall and winter months. You?ll have to wait for a table at The Red Bar on any night of the year.

Beach Girl

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2005
St. Louis, Mo
I've never stayed during Thanksgiving, but have been to Seagrove several times over Christmas. I don't know what it is but we love it! There is a different pace about staying at Christmas as opposed to summer. In the summer, the days are long, and we soak up as much daylight as we can. This always seems to leave little time to do much else but beach activities. When we are there in the winter, we feel like we can just relax and enjoy everything that SoWal has to give. I love it in the summer and the winter! I've been in the Spring and love that too! Good luck making your reservations!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Late November through December is probably the quietest time of year. The fall crowds have thinned out, and the snowbirds really don't show up until January because they've got to spend Christmas with the grandkids. Weather- usually somewhere in the 60s with occasional low 70s. Whether this is considered to be "beachy" weather depends on where you're coming from. My parents from Michigan consider it to be warm enough. Water temperatures are still relatively warm if you keep moving in the water. Good golfing if that's your thing, but a bit chilly for boating, IMO.

Things don't shut down for the winter like they used to, but a lot of businesses will have reduced hours that time of year. The events that happen tend to be more locals-oriented and in Ft. Walton Beach or Panama City. Outdoor ice skating is going to be back in downtown Ft. Walton Beach this year, this time with an allegedly bigger ice surface. (a friend called last year's 'Okaloosa on Ice' 'Okaloosa on Ice Cube')

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
We go down every year for Thanksgiving - It has definitely been hit or miss - we have had sunny and 80 and also rainy and 50. I would guess that if you are there a week the odds are you are going to get at least a few nice beach days out of it. We love that time of year - no real crowds except for the Outlet Mall on the Friday after Thanksgiving. IF the weather is good - we enjoy it - if the weather is bad we do maintenance and painting.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
We love 30-A at Thanksgiving. I cook everything that freezes well the weekend before since I don't have a double oven here. Last Thanksgiving the weather was beautiful. I wanted to show off my new Gator orange fox jacket, but had to take it off because it was too warm.

We also like to come down after Christmas and stay through New Year's. We love fireworks on the beach on New Year's Eve. We have a hot tub, so even if it's in the forties, we get into the water and drink champagne.

Heck, we even love coming down here when it's really cold. We just bundle up. It's even nice to sit inside, look at the beautiful views, and get work done or watch sports on TV.

The sunsets are also more beautiful in the winter. The sun sets over the Gulf, and it appears as though the water is lit from underneath - it has this pale green crystal appearance, one of the most beautiful sights that I've seen.