• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
Hi All,

I recently saw a website for 30a Trolly tours that says you can hop on/off along 30a communities March-October every 30 minutes but can’t find any reviews or other info (like where the stops are). Is this new? Coming down to Seaside end of April and like to do it without a car to help not clog up 30A but would like to visit other communities for dinner/shopping. Wondering if this is a viable way to do it.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Several have come and gone I don't know if there will be one this year.

mom6

Beach Crab
May 20, 2014
The 30A Beach Trolley Company Introduces Service to Scenic Highway 30A
New service starting?

GRAYTON BEACH, Fla., February 7, 2020 (Newswire.com) - The 30A Trolley Company today announced, at the Seaside Institutes’ 2020 Transportation Summit and EXPO in Seaside Florida, the introduction of a vintage trolley bus service on Scenic Highway 30A in Walton County.

The trolley service will commence operations on March 1, providing scenic tours and transportation between Gulf Place and Inlet Beach, connecting beachgoers to the 12 beach communities and over 250 merchants and restaurants comprising the 30A marketplace.

Utilizing four fun, open-air vintage trolley buses, each named after a local fish and branded “The Beach Trolley,” the service will operate continuously between the hours of 10 a.m.-10 p.m. from March 1 to Oct. 31. The 30A Trolley Company will be a hop-on/hop-off service, arriving and departing every 20 minutes, with planned trolley stops in Gulf Place, Blue Mountain Beach, Grayton Beach, WaterColor®, Seaside®, Seagrove Beach, WaterSound®, The Hub®, Alys Beach®, Seacrest Beach, Rosemary Beach® and Inlet Beach.

Besides providing a fun educational one-and-a-half-hour scenic tour for 30A visitors, the trolleys will help alleviate the overcrowding at public beach parking areas by serving the nine regional public beach accesses along the route. The trolley will also reduce car and golf cart traffic by an estimated 500 vehicles a day, providing a viable alternative to drinking and driving while enjoying the area's local restaurants and nightspots.

Bob Dickhaus, founder of The 30A Trolley Company, said, “We expect the beach trolley to provide a viable alternative to guests having to drive once they get to 30A, reducing traffic and contributing to a safer environment."

Randy Carroll, member of the 30A Alliance Advisory Board and President of the WaterColor Homeowners Association, stated, “The trolley service is an important first step in proactively addressing transportation issues surrounding the housing growth in South Walton and a welcome addition to our community.”

About The 30A Trolley Company

The 30A Trolley Company, LLC is a private company, founded in 2020 and located in Grayton Beach, Florida.

The 30A Trolley Company, LLC is currently hiring tour operator drivers. For more information, please email Gary Gibson at ggibson@30a-tours.com. Applicants need to hold a valid CDL with a passenger designation.

More information and ticket sales can be found at www.30a-tours.com, emailing tickets@30a-tours.com or following us on Instagram @thebeachtrolley.

Last edited by a moderator:

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
TICKET OPTIONS:
$5 – ONE WAY
$15 – DAY PASS
$35 – WEEK PASS

View attachment 81623

THAT’S not gonna work! A family of four who is staying in Seagrove for instance isn’t going to pay $60 a day just to be able to go to Seaside to shop or go to the Farmers Market or church in the morning then to Rosemary Beach for lunch or dinner later in the day when they can drive their car instead. I would think that 30A businesses, communities, St Joe and Walton County would fund the trolley in the entirety - or at least enough to significantly reduce ticket prices below what’s shown above. Also, unlike previous mass transit efforts, the trolley needs to stop where the population is the most dense- like right in front of the largest condo buildings and hotels- in order to make it as easy as possible for the largest number of people to use the trolley. They won’t use it if they have to walk a half mile to catch it or to get home upon returning. Just my opinion. I thought it was a great idea- until I read the ticket prices.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
THAT’S not gonna work! A family of four who is staying in Seagrove for instance isn’t going to pay $60 a day just to be able to go to Seaside to shop or go to the Farmers Market or church in the morning then to Rosemary Beach for lunch or dinner later in the day when they can drive their car instead. I would think that 30A businesses, communities, St Joe and Walton County would fund the trolley in the entirety - or at least enough to significantly reduce ticket prices below what’s shown above. Also, unlike previous mass transit efforts, the trolley needs to stop where the population is the most dense- like right in front of the largest condo buildings and hotels- in order to make it as easy as possible for the largest number of people to use the trolley. They won’t use it if they have to walk a half mile to catch it or to get home upon returning. Just my opinion. I thought it was a great idea- until I read the ticket prices.
Some truth here. The paid model has already failed. I would bet they are hoping for major sponsors and/or public funding. You have to start somewhere though. Smaller autonomous electric buses are coming soon and communities like ours will likely be in the transportation business.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
Thank you all! This is extremely helpful. I am personally willing to pay the prices listed to use the trolly but will only be doing so one or two days of my trip and there’s only two of us, can def see the prices might be an issue for larger parties. Still, hope it sticks around because seems like it would really enhance the 30A experience. Been lots of beach locations and always come back to 30A because of the non driving aspect. That’s really hard to find other places I’ve found.