• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
PCB Aquatic Ctr ( pcbeach.com/aquaticpark.htm )

Frank Brown Pk - PCB ( swiminparadise.com )

DavidD

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2008
Seagrove
www.davidDdesign.com
I am always trying to think of things to do during the summer with my kids. There are a lot of good ideas posted here. Unless we're in water, I try to keep them out of the sun during the hours of 12-2 (at least). There are a couple of places we've found are on the way to Baytowne. First is Jollee island (sp?) with a sign on the left. It has a pirate ship playground and a trail that goes around the perimeter of the small island. There is also a curious/cute little playhouse house on the island that somehow remains pretty grafitti free. Overall it can be a little hot and buggy though. The second place is right across from the Jollee island entrance. It looks like a walking trail but has a really cool fort/play area that is under a huge shaded canopy. This one also is on a decked floor and the fort is roofed, which means that its o.k. if you get caught in the rain there and need to hang out, or go there right after a rain. Have funn!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Lee's Fried Chicken! Nothing like eating tater logs on the beach! :lolabove:

where do we get Lee's Fried chicken? Other cheap eats? We go to the deli at Public and get things to eat for dinner. i also use the crock pot so I don't have to cook all day and can then come back home to dinner (ribs and gumbo do OK in the crockpot - not top of the line, but tasty for the family).

there's a new take-out and dine in Chinese food place in the same plaza as the Publix on 98 where the road splits across from Carillon. We'll be trying that for take-out on our next trip for dinner.

Also, inexpensive manicures or pedicures at Angel Nails near the Watercolor Publix.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
where do we get Lee's Fried chicken? Other cheap eats? We go to the deli at Public and get things to eat for dinner. i also use the crock pot so I don't have to cook all day and can then come back home to dinner (ribs and gumbo do OK in the crockpot - not top of the line, but tasty for the family).

there's a new take-out and dine in Chinese food place in the same plaza as the Publix on 98 where the road splits across from Carillon. We'll be trying that for take-out on our next trip for dinner.

Also, inexpensive manicures or pedicures at Angel Nails near the Watercolor Publix.

I also bring my crockpot with me. I fill it with 2 or 3 pounds of good roast beef from the deli, then use the 4 or 5 Knorr Au jus mix packs and h2o according to the directions. (I add horseradish, too.) When we get back from the beach, it's like someone else made your dinner for you, good rolls and some provolone cheese..mmmm.

Here's an article about Lee's
http://www.emeraldcoast.com/dining/article_display.php?a=346

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest

Lee's fried chicken is in the Redfish Plaza, intersection of 83 and 30a. Look for Seerings sign.
Jin Jin is the name of the chinese place in PCB Publix parking lot, at west end

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Get 20 great beignets for $6.99 at Flip Flops in Seagrove for breakfast. Feeds a reasonable family of four or I could eat the whole thing myself (and then swim about 30 laps to work it off but it's worth it).

Last edited: