• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
What's up with this week? Not that I'm complaining, since this is the week we always come down there, and I like a quiet beach.. but nearly EVERY rental that I've looked at online has been available for that week.
I know this is the week that the kiddies go back to school, but suretly that's not the only reason. Hurricane fears??
Anyway, we're HOPING to be able to come this year, if we can find a rental for 8- 10 people that will fit into our tiny little budget for vacationing this year. :roll:
We may have to wait and see if we can find any good last minute deals.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Almost all schools in Georgia are back in school in early August (if not earlier) so no families from Atlanta or anywhere else will be doing much renting.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
amylouky said:
What's up with this week? Not that I'm complaining, since this is the week we always come down there, and I like a quiet beach.. but nearly EVERY rental that I've looked at online has been available for that week.
I know this is the week that the kiddies go back to school, but suretly that's not the only reason. Hurricane fears??
Anyway, we're HOPING to be able to come this year, if we can find a rental for 8- 10 people that will fit into our tiny little budget for vacationing this year. :roll:
We may have to wait and see if we can find any good last minute deals.

amylouky,

check your pm's. ;-)

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
That's right, Southern kids are back in school by then so August rentals are more easily available and the rates go down quite a bit for "fall rates" even if you don't wait until the last minute. Our places are already booked for August, though August rentals don't typically start coming in until June/July. That's also when we come to our places and stay for a week because it's our favorite time because we get all the benefits of the area with a lot fewer people -- no restaurant lines, short lines if any at the water parks, parking is easier at Seaside when we want to visit there, we can be alone on the beach sometimes at sunset, pools and ocean water are sooo nice and comfortable. We live up north so our kids don't start school until after labor day (and get out just after mid-June). We're going there for the first time during peak season this summer as well, so we'll get to compare the experience.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Midwest schools (Indiana in our case) start back that week too. It drives me bonkers because those last two weeks of August offer such good rental bargains! When our kids were pre-schoolers, that's when we vacationed. Late August is so nice--less crowds and the water is nice and warm for swimming. Ah well.

KBB

Beach Lover
Nov 9, 2005
Hi Mermaid!

Its Karen Bennett from Pearly White Properties. I can arrange a good deal on my newest rental property, "Another Sunny Day in Paradise" for your group of 6 people if you still need something. Email me at www.Pearlywhiteproperties.com if you need anything.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Pearlywhite said:
Hi Mermaid!

Its Karen Bennett from Pearly White Properties. I can arrange a good deal on my newest rental property, "Another Sunny Day in Paradise" for your group of 6 people if you still need something. Email me at www.Pearlywhiteproperties.com if you need anything.

Hi Karen, good to see you venturing out of lurkdom (and I hope you post some more)! :clap_1: We can't wait to stay at your "Beach Baby" cottage with the family over the X-mas holidays. I have to admit we peeked in the windows when it wasn't being rented :blush: and it looks just perfect for us.

KBB

Beach Lover
Nov 9, 2005
So glad you did some peeking inside..."Beach Baby" really is a great beach house! I think you will like it as well. Let me know if you need anything else.

Yes, I am trying to get more involved in SOWAL. I feel so out of touch sometimes and I think this will get me more up to date on what is REALLY happening around here.

Look forward to seeing yall again soon!